Uhg! I slept in this morning and because it’s a holiday I’m working 2p -8p. It’s currently 85 degrees and 80% humidity. I think I’m going to run this evening when I get off work.. I usually run around 7 or 8 anyway so I’ll only be a little later than normal. I know that putting it off is a risk but ever since that one run where I started feeling chills (in 90 degree heat), I’ve been a little scared of the heat. I’m telling you guys now though so that you can expect an update tonight.

Run done!! I’m also going to go ahead and post after every run for one more week. The reason is my work schedule completely changes this week. Instead of working 9-6 Su-Th, I’ll be working 9a-6p Su-Tu and 3p-12a W-TH. That means I’m going to have to wake up early (near impossible for me) to get my Wednesday run in. Running after work will no longer be an option for me. Sorry for being so needy recently- I really appreciate the support and accountability that I get from this group and I try not to take it for granted. So thank you guys so much for being awesome!

I feel your pain on the odd shifts. I’m on graves and now that the sun is coming up later it’s so easy to want to go to sleep when it’s still dark out instead of waiting for it to get light out to run. And if I do choose sleep, when I wake up it’s too hot so I don’t want to run then. You got this!

Alright guys... here’s the story. Last night I was up till 3 am with an upset tummy :-(. I didn’t wake up early and slept till 9:30am. I decided, oh well running in the heat it is. I then made the mistake of tallking the dogs out. As I walked outside the humidity literally swallowed me whole. I decided that since I had some miles at half marathon pace, the best thing would be to run tomorrow morning. That way I didn’t have to adjust my pace for the heat.

I bet you thought this was an excuse on why I didn’t run today didn’t you??? Guess what? On my way home from work (at 12:20am) “not afraid” by Eminem came on... I listened as he said “I’m going to be what I set out to be without a doubt, undoubtedly” and I decided, even though the clock and calendar say it’s Thursday, everybody knows it’s not actually the next day until you go to bed and wake up (seriously it’s a thing.) I spent the whole drive home deciding that I was at no greater risk of being kidnapped at 1am as I am at 10pm when I usually run.. and then to seal the deal, when I got home my husband was still awake. It took some convincing but he agreed to walk with me. And I’m happy to report that I crushed it!

“I’m standing up, Ima face my demons! Im manin up ima hold my ground. I’ve has enough, now I’m so fed up gotta put my life back together right now!!” - Eminem

Training Update Week 36!

Total miles ran –7
Month to date – 10
Year to date –235.73
Miles on shoes – 54.3

Planned work outs:

Monday - 3.5 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces
Wednesday - 1 mile @ Easy + 2 mile @ 90/30 sec @ 14:45/18:00 paces + 0.5 mile @ Easy
Friday - 4 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces

Missed workouts – Friday. I honestly don’t know what happened. I was just so tired all day. I decided to run on Saturday instead, but then I kept putting it off and putting it off till it was storming and running wasn’t an option any more.

Things I learned this week –

I’ve always thought I was a positive person; however, I recently started reading “Let your mind run” by Deena Kastor. She mentions the importance of self-care in and she said something kind of profound in that “There’s no such thing as over training, only under resting.”

She also has this thing where when she has a negative thought she stops and says.. What’s a different thought that will serve me better. In practice for me that looked like. “Darn it! I missed Friday’s run I’m spiraling out of control again. Wait… What’s a better way to think of this thing…. Okay, I got extra rest this week! Come Monday, I’ll have fresh legs.” That’s helpful; however, then I start thinking “I’ll just have to make sure I’m extra diligent and not put too positive of a spin on a missed run.. then I really will start spiraling.” I’ve been thinking and thinking but I can’t think of a better thought for that one. Although, after typing that out.. Is that really a negative thought? It kind seems more along the lines of realistic… Maybe that’s why I can’t spin it?

Other Updates that seem important

My husband and I are working on getting out of debt. So, against most people’s recommendations, we will be making my half marathon a day trip. It’s only 2 hours away from where I live. First waive goes at 7:30am, I want to get there at 6:30 so we’ll be leaving my house at 4:30am.. To be honest, I’m more worried about sitting in a car for 2 hours after running for so long. We may have to find a mall to walk around afterwards.

It’s going to rain all week.. I love running in the rain though. As long as it’s not storming, I’ll be okay.

Days till next race – :dumbo:21 days until the VA 10 Miler!!!
:dumbo:

:darth:Plan for week 37:

Monday - 3 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces

Wednesday - 3 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces

Friday - 1 mile @ Easy + 4 mile @ 90/30 sec @ 14:45/18:00 paces + 1 mile @

Easy

Saturday - 3 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces

I like that idea of spinning a negative thought into a positive one. I'll try to remember that next time I get some negative demons running around in my head during a run.

I like that idea of spinning a negative thought into a positive one. I'll try to remember that next time I get some negative demons running around in my head during a run.

Omg if you like that, you should check out the book. She’s very inspiring!!!

That moment when Jim Cantore says the name of your city followed by the words “start preparing”..... seriously! What is this weather????!?! Anyway Hurricane is coming Friday so coach Billy and I moved my runs around! Long run is tomorrow morning! The good news is that I don’t have to wake up super early because it’s been in the 60s all week and I’m LOVING it!!!

Uhg!!! I woke up at 9am this morning and put my running clothes on. I had decided that I was going to gorocery shopping first. My husband and I have spent the last 2 nights at various Walmart’s, Kroger’s and Lowe’s getting supplies for hurricane Florence. So I knew that I needed to get to Aldies and fresh market soon after opening to beat the crowds. It worked. I was home by 11a. I put on my running shoes and took the dogs for a quick walk. The plan was to bring them home and immediately head out for my run after walking them. Towards the end of our loop, I noticed a small poodle looking dog with no leash and no human up ahead. I quickly finished my loop with my dogs and rushed them inside, grabbed treats and an extra leash and ran back out. I caught up with the little guy pretty quickly but he was skidish and ran away. I spent the next hour running up and down my street and trespassing through other people’s yards. Finally he got away and I couldn’t find him anymore. I did 2 loops of my neighborhood looking but he just disappeared. I was listening to a podcast the whole time and they were talking about how important it is to wake up early and run so that life’s unexpected turns don’t leave you without a run.... the irony is not lost on me. I did get somewhat of a workout in today, but not nearly the 6 miles with 4 miles at racepace that was on the calendar. Tomorrow I’m waking up at 8:30am and I’m going for my run. I’m not going to find time, I’m going to make time. You guys should have an update by 10:30am at the latest!!! Also, please send up prayers and good vibes that, that little doggy finds his way home before the hurricane. I’m really worried about him and I feel like missing my run would have been worth it if I had just been able to get him home!!

2am - I’ve been home from work for a little bit, have wound down and I head to bed.

5:10am- I awake with the worse stomach pain known to man. I am clammy, with no color to my face or lips.

5:40am -I can’t take it anymore. Call my husband from the other room and simply say help until he comes and finds me in the couch. We debate going to the hospital, but I go potty and I feel a little better so we decide not to go.

From here, I start a pattern of laying in bed, soaking in hot water and laying on the couch.

11:30am -super husband Josh shows up with chicken noodle soup and oj. We decide that he’s going to go back to work and wrap everything up. If I’m not feeling better we’ll go to an urgent care dr.

1pm- urgent care dr. Sends me to ER immediately.

10:18pm - back home from hospital.4 I.V attempts and a little morphine later... we’ve ruled out Appendicitis, Kidney Stones and Gaul Stones.. all they can tell is that I have severe irritation in my intestines and I have a follow up appointment to find out why...

Glad I’m safe. Glad it isn’t serious. Sad I didn’t get my run in. My pain was an 11 out of 10 in the morning and remaind an 8 for the rest of the day (until the morphene). My Mental toughness is up by a million points after today! I just need to shoe horn in this 6 mile run at some point this week. It’s my longest run before the 10 miler and the 4 miles at race pace are going to be super helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter