RunDisney & Disney gift cards?

sandam1

DIS Veteran
Can Disney gift cards be used for race registration fees? What about "extras" (i.e pre-ordered merchandise, race retreat, etc.)? I just want to double-check before starting to stockpile them.

Thanks!

Race registration is through Active.com, so you cannot use Disney Gift Cards for that. Pre-orders are also done through Active, so again, no GC.

You can use Disney Gift Cards on official runDisney merchandise at the expo.

The gift cards are great at the expo. You’ll get one in your race packet as well so you won’t have to be picky with souvenirs based on your budget. You can definitely snag that extra “should I?” Shirt or hat!

The gift cards are great at the expo. You’ll get one in your race packet as well so you won’t have to be picky with souvenirs based on your budget. You can definitely snag that extra “should I?” Shirt or hat!

What do you mean "you'll get one in your race packet?" None of the race weekends I've done have ever included a gift card as part of registration or the race packet...

Traditionally around here when you want to be sarcastic - at least give us a ;) or an emoji or something.

What do you mean "you'll get one in your race packet?" None of the race weekends I've done have ever included a gift card as part of registration or the race packet...

The only race registration that includes a gift card is Wine & Dine Half Marathon or Wine & DIne Challenge. With that race, you will receive $15. They email you the gift card.

Maybe I’m only used to Wine and Dine, but when you run that race you get a $15 gift card in your race packet.

Wine and Dine started giving a gift card for the after party when the race was at night. You could run the race, go into EPCOT, and get bite to eat and a drink from a kiosk. I'm surprised they continued it after it moved to a morning race. The $15 really isn't enough to purchase a shirt or hat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!