Question that's maybe been addressed in another thread but not here: Are there lodging discounts for runners staying onsite? I'm thinking of doing the WDW half in 2018, but it is too soon to see lodging rates on the WDW website so I have no idea what prices would look like.
You can book a package through runDisney but there are no discounts for doing a runDisney race. You would have to wait for general public discounts to come out.

Question about the Expo and bib/packet pickup: When picking up a bib/packet for a minor child-do they need to be present?

AP/DVC registration for Princess opened today. Good luck to those registering!

I was able to register for my 9th PHM and 4th Challenge...but it was a frustrating process. The AP page link did not work. It sent you to the page to buy an AP! After 30 minutes, my daughter found the direct link on the RunDisney Facebook page.

I was able to register for my 9th PHM and 4th Challenge...but it was a frustrating process. The AP page link did not work. It sent you to the page to buy an AP! After 30 minutes, my daughter found the direct link on the RunDisney Facebook page.
Glad you figured it out! I saw many having issues.

I almost booked the 2017 Star Wars 10k but reconsidered as my husband said it would be nice to go together. So I looked into the W&D 10k but last year course really does not interest me (we stayed at the BC last summer so it is a familiar loop).
Now looking into half marathon instead: I will have run two 10k by the end of June so I need a challenge if I will be flying to a running event.

Which is the half marathon that is most enjoyable overall at WDW? I like classic characters and Star Wars, but the princess, less. If I runDisney only one event in my life, which one do you recommend?

I admit, some of the negative reviews of the last events are making me reconsider the idea altogether... I need a boost of encouragement!

I almost booked the 2017 Star Wars 10k but reconsidered as my husband said it would be nice to go together. So I looked into the W&D 10k but last year course really does not interest me (we stayed at the BC last summer so it is a familiar loop).
Now looking into half marathon instead: I will have run two 10k by the end of June so I need a challenge if I will be flying to a running event.

Which is the half marathon that is most enjoyable overall at WDW? I like classic characters and Star Wars, but the princess, less. If I runDisney only one event in my life, which one do you recommend?

I admit, some of the negative reviews of the last events are making me reconsider the idea altogether... I need a boost of encouragement!
While I've only ever done one race weekend I think if you're only able to do one WDW marathon weekend has to be the one. It's huge, and it's a ton of fun. The course isn't bad by any means. You'll get a mix of everything at WDW weekend.

Usually someone has the "backdoor" link to the Active registration page. Anybody have it yet? :)

When do you need to sign up for the Castle to Chateau-challenge? During the first race or the second?

While I've only ever done one race weekend I think if you're only able to do one WDW marathon weekend has to be the one. It's huge, and it's a ton of fun. The course isn't bad by any means. You'll get a mix of everything at WDW weekend.
In the end, I choose the event based on reducing the impact on family time and ease of training as any event passed november will force me to run in the snow or on the threadmill. So Wine & Dine it is!

Regarding POT, I ran a race on the 18 but on the result webpage it states the 16 (date of the beginning of the weekend event). Will putting the real date risks Active discarding my results and putting me in the last corral?

In the end, I choose the event based on reducing the impact on family time and ease of training as any event passed november will force me to run in the snow or on the threadmill. So Wine & Dine it is!

Regarding POT, I ran a race on the 18 but on the result webpage it states the 16 (date of the beginning of the weekend event). Will putting the real date risks Active discarding my results and putting me in the last corral?
I would think they would want the actual race date not the race weekend.

My guess is since Hong Kong is not majority owned by Disney that Hong Kong runs this themselves instead of runDisney.
Makes sense. Too bad they can't work something out with rD so we could get another cool medal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!