runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

Ariel484

DIS Veteran
http://www.rundisney.com/virtual-running-shorts/

2018 Information released on Wednesday, March 21!
2018-Virtual-Header-Image.jpg

Incredible fun awaits! Gather your family and friends, and get set for a summer of magical 5K runs.

This year, in honor of "The Incredibles 2," the Incredibles family is hosting 2018's Virtual Running Shorts and inviting everyone to join in on a summer of magical runs on a course of your choosing. Stroll, walk or jog on a track, around the neighborhood, or even through the park with your pet. It's your chance to be a super hero and experience all the excitement of a magical Disney run right in your own backyard!

The Incredibles are celebrating summer with three individual races, each with a different commemorative finisher medal—featuring Elastigirl, Mr. Incredible and Violet, or Dash and Jack Jack. If you register for one of the individual races, you'll receive both the commemorative medal and a magnet frame. If you take on the ultimate super hero challenge by registering for the Series, you will receive three individual race medals and a bonus Series medal, a magnet frame PLUS you will get a resistance band and hot/cold gel pack.*

Whether you want to run with your family and friends, go solo or run with your pet, the 2018 Virtual Running Shorts is a great way to celebrate a summer filled with incredible Disney runs and lots of fun!

---------------------

2017 Info:

Don't Let the 2017 Virtual Running Shorts Series Pass You By!

Thanks to all the participants who helped make our inaugural season such a runaway success. As we head into year 2, this exciting event is just hitting its stride—and we hope you'll join us for even more fun in 2017.

If you're new to virtual running, it's easy to get in on the action… and it's a great way for the whole family to stay fit together.

Just select one of the 3 Disney-themed 5Ks—or run them all to complete the Running Shorts Series. Four specially designed Finisher Medals help you commemorate the competition with a dash of Disney magic!

Best of all, you can cover the distance on your own course at your own pace. Walk, jog or run anywhere you'd like—on a local track, through your neighborhood, even on a treadmill. Then report the results to runDisney. It's all for fun and all on the honor system.

So whether you're a seasoned runner or a beginner, step up your game and join participants from all around the world in the 2017 Virtual Running Shorts Series.

Watch for full details—including this year's dog-gone delightful Disney honoree—beginning Spring 2017.

Last edited:

I'm so excited about a Pluto series! My son is just finishing up the Mickey series this weekend-with a 4th run to earn the last medal. Fun thing to do as a family.

Best of all, you can cover the distance on your own course at your own pace. Walk, jog or run anywhere you'd like—on a local track, through your neighborhood, even on a treadmill. Then report the results to runDisney. It's all for fun and all on the honor system.

Report the results? I don't think they said to do that this year.

Report the results? I don't think they said to do that this year.

They did. You could tweet your results.

They did. You could tweet your results.
I don't count that as "reporting results" - when they said "report the results to runDisney" I take that to mean that you email them.

I thought they were encouraging people to tweet purely to get free advertising.

I don't count that as "reporting results" - when they said "report the results to runDisney" I take that to mean that you email them.

I thought they were encouraging people to tweet purely to get free advertising.

I just remember them saying your could send it your results and it was on Twitter and Facebook.

I doubt they'll want proof. I think they just mean to #hashtag it on social media since it says "on the honor system."
Getting results would require more effort on their part and they didn't really put a lot into it this time around. We never got emails or anything after signing up. Bibs were online for anyone to print that you just hoped to find as they didn't tell us.

So, I do hope they put more effort into communication next time around. The medals are awesome but felt bad for all those with broken cups (that hopefully have been replaced by now).

I normally don't run virtual races because they don't do much for me. I love Pluto though so if it's Pluto I might consider it.

I think that I will try to get my wife and her friends into this in 2017. They sometimes have trouble with motivation over a long training cycle, and this sort of thing in the middle would help them.

I totally missed this year's events, I think this is great. I'm not a runner so I would never attempt a run at Disney. But this.....this I can do. I can walk a 5K in my local park, and I can do it 3 times to complete the series. I'm super excited to have the chance to earn my own medals! I can't wait for spring now so I can register! :cool1:

I totally missed this year's events, I think this is great. I'm not a runner so I would never attempt a run at Disney. But this.....this I can do. I can walk a 5K in my local park, and I can do it 3 times to complete the series. I'm super excited to have the chance to earn my own medals! I can't wait for spring now so I can register! :cool1:
You can walk the 5Ks at Disney too, ya know. :)

You can walk the 5Ks at Disney too, ya know. :)
Question - if I go past the 16 minute/mile pace in the 5k or 10k to take pictures with characters (and my group of friends) along the route, will I still get my Dopey medal?

Question - if I go past the 16 minute/mile pace in the 5k or 10k to take pictures with characters (and my group of friends) along the route, will I still get my Dopey medal?

Yep, in past year's they've given them out as long as you don't get swept.

Agreed. The slowest official Dopey participant in 2016 finished in 15:49:19 or an overall average pace of 18:32 min/mile for all 4 events combined.

This person's stats were:
5K - 26:07 min/mile (1:21:02)
10K - 22:44 min/mile (2:20:49)
HM - 18:51 min/mile (4:07:19)
M - 18:20 min/mile (8:00:09)

Yep, in past year's they've given them out as long as you don't get swept.
Agreed. The slowest official Dopey participant in 2016 finished in 15:49:19 or an overall average pace of 18:32 min/mile for all 4 events combined.

This person's stats were:
5K - 26:07 min/mile (1:21:02)
10K - 22:44 min/mile (2:20:49)
HM - 18:51 min/mile (4:07:19)
M - 18:20 min/mile (8:00:09)

Thanks - this makes me feel a lot better. I really want to stay with my group through the 5k & 10k for the pictures and because they are a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!