Runners - does anyone know the distance around bay lake from HS to EPCOT?

basketlacey

DIS Veteran
I’m trying to help my husband plan a run tomorrow. We are staYING AT YC. If he does the loop all the way to HS, then down the boardwalk to the Intl Gateway of EPCOT and then back around to YC, how big is the loop? I’ve used by Best google skills and I can’t find it. He can certainly see tomorrow when he does it but would be helpful to know how many laps he might need going in. Thank you!

Yeah, that’s gonna be incorrect.

It’s barely a mile.

Also incorrect.

The distance between epcot and DHS is a smidge over a mile, so the loop is going to be around 2 miles.

OP, you can measure it in Google Earth. Or you can do it in Google maps by putting in all of the locations as stops and selecting walking directions

ETA: I just checked in Google maps. Looks like it's about 2.7 miles:
https://goo.gl/maps/6i6pmwprg6N2

Last edited:
Also incorrect.

The distance between epcot and DHS is a smidge over a mile, so the loop is going to be around 2 miles.

OP, you can measure it in Google Earth. Or you can do it in Google maps by putting in all of the locations as stops and selecting walking directions
This is what I estimated. I’ll report back tomorrow if he goes this way.

You’d be better off actually looking at the running trail maps and/or the actual RunDisney race courses to get an idea of distance.

But yeah. It’s not 3 miles.

You’d be better off actually looking at the running trail maps and/or the actual RunDisney race courses to get an idea of distance.

But yeah. It’s not 3 miles.
I've run that loop around the lake, to HS, and back, like OP said, and it's close to (but not quite) 3 miles. I have run multiple RunDisney events and I often stay at the Dolphin when I do. But yeah, a map will be more accurate, but she asked if we knew.

I appreciate all of the replies. I asked for a running map at the concierge desk but it only shows the .8 loop of the boardwalk. I was looking for approximates and this was helpful.

I pulled up my run on that path from two years ago and saw that I did 6.38 mi for TWO laps with a slight path difference between the laps:

Start in front of BW
Head toward EPCOT IG
Turn RIGHT over bridge.
Gate closed / bollards still up. Touch gate, turn around.
Run in front of BC, then YC, then to DHS path.
Run around the DHS entrance area (including Ferry).
Touch DHS entrance.
Back along path toward EP.
Turn RIGHT at BW.
Run along BW.
Head to EPCOT IG.
Turn RIGHT over bridge.
Touch IG.
Run in front of BC, then YC, then to DHS path.
Run around the DHS entrance area (including Ferry).
Touch DHS entrance.
Back along path toward EP.
Instead of turning RIGHT into BW, stay straight straight toward YC, BC.
Touch IG.
Turn LEFT at BW bridge.
Finish at starting point.

It was the fact that I did the "long" side of the lake 3 times (instead of 2 on each side) and that I went around the whole DHS entrance instead of directly to bag-check that made it longer than 3 miles each lap.

Attachments

• IMG_7266.jpg
    IMG_7266.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!