Running in Disney

keswick1uk

Mouseketeer
I am training for a half marathon and have eight runs, two long-ish, to do while on vacation. Is there a resort hotel which has a well marked measured jogging trail? My family are happy to use the resort hotels restaurant, coffee shop while I was out for the hour or two.

I don't know if there's one that's better than others, but my husband was doing what you're doing the last time we stayed at the Poly and I asked them for suggestions and they gave me a little map with running trail suggestions. I know that he used the suggestions, but since he needed distance he added some time on the roads. If you like, I can ask him (not home right now) exactly what he did. Let me know:D .

Yes, please if you would. I would rather not run on the roads as I will be running as I will be on my own.

I have tonight rescheduled with a friend my longer runs so I do one just before I leave and another on return. Obviously I still have 8 runs to do but now I can get away with a maximum of 8 miles which will, hopefully, be easier to find a route. If I have to run around a resort more than once so be it. I think I will feel safer within a resort.

My husband will be late tonight -- I may not have your answer until tomorrow, but I will let you know. My husband is getting ready for Boston right now, and believe me, life is revolving around it - :D - in a good way! Just another thought, my daughter found the health club to be great, if you could get anything done on a treadmill.

OK - here's what he said: He started from the Poly, since we were staying there, and ran over to Wilderness Lodge on the road that runs out in front of the Poly past the ticket and transportation center. He said if you want to avoid the highway to start at Wilderness Lodge. He said there is a very pretty trail over to Fort Wilderness campground along the lake and then, once at the campground, you can run in and around it (the cabins and camp sites) for a long time. He apologizes - he doesn't know the distances or anything. At the time, his goal was to run for 3 hours, so he did some looping. He said it was very pleasant. Around the campground people were driving golf carts to get around instead of cars, so traffic was minimal. I'm sure if you ask at WL they can show you where the trail starts.

Have fun!

Cheers.

I can easily turn my run distance into time on feet, so Ill do that. It makes much more sense as luckily as I've knocked out my long runs from the holiday period time on feet should only be circa an hour now anyway.

Our hotel does have a treadmill but my motivation is awful on them (unless I have no choice then I will do it, so I know I will get the scedule completed its just I would prefer the outside). I started as a hill and coastal runner over here and so, I suppose, thats part of it.

Good luck to hubby on Boston and well done on getting a place. I've yet to progress to the 26.2 I've been running about a year and a half. I have run a few very much shorter halves, including our Great North Run.

There's a nice path from West Side DTD to OKW. The resort is a good area for running/walking- sidewalks winding through it. I'm not sure what the distance is.

the bc/yc use to give you a map with the distance of it - ask at the front desk for it - how much for 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile run. (it might have been 5 miles instead of 3 - don't remember). It goes along the outside of the resorts - you just need to watch for traffic coming into the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter