Running Path?

jani3

Always day dreaming of Disney...
Does anyone have any suggestions on a running path from the GF? I saw there's one from GF to Poly but how long is that one? Is there any way to go from GF to Poly to TTC? I also saw that the running paths close at "dusk" but what time do they open? Are the running paths lit or do I need to bring my headlamp?

TIA.

Yes, you can get to TTC on a path, but you have to wind your way through Poly to get there. The path also goes the other way from GF to MK.

------------------------

Never mind, the path from MK doesn't make it all the way around to GF. I have run on Floridian Way, but I wouldn't suggest it because there are no sidewalks and decent traffic from WDW employees. Your best option may be to run around the golf course paths by Shades of Green (across street from Poly).

Last edited:
I thought there wasn't a path to MK from the GF?

Can I run to VWL from the poly?

I'm basically looking for a 6 mile run from GF.

I thought there wasn't a path to MK from the GF?

Can I run to VWL from the poly?

I'm basically looking for a 6 mile run from GF.

Yes, sorry, I updated my post above, but you're right, the path from MK stops at the first waterway, so doesn't go all the way to GF.

There aren't really good trails around there, so you are sort of stuck on roads (or parking lots). Last time I was there, I did a six mile run on Floridian Way (not recommended), and and eight mile run around the main parking lot (which is about 1.75 miles per lap).

I would try to go to Fort Wilderness, but you're probably still on roads (hopefully less traffic that direction).

Last edited:

I have done the campsite and cabin loops when i stayed there last time. I figured out if you hit all of the loops it would be about 10 to 11 miles. Then there is the trail from FW to WL too.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a running path from the GF? I saw there's one from GF to Poly but how long is that one? Is there any way to go from GF to Poly to TTC? I also saw that the running paths close at "dusk" but what time do they open? Are the running paths lit or do I need to bring my headlamp?

TIA.

I think the path closing is a little bit of a strong term. I used the path from the Poly to the Grand Floridian a lot when we were there a couple of weeks ago as the workout room for the poly is at the GF. We were in the Poly building closest to the TTC. From the the GF DVC building to that building it was just under a mile. My guess is that if you continued to the TTC and ran out to the monorail that you might be able to tack on another 1/2 mile You could probably get another 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile running the end of the GF closest to the MK. My guess is that if you strung everything together that you'd get a loop that was about 4-5 miles long.

If you wanted to do hill repeats while out you could make your way over to World Dr and use the paved walkway going under Bay Lake to the Contemporary.

:lmao: Down here in South Florida overpasses and "underpasses" are the only hills we have. :lmao:

Your best option may be to run around the golf course paths by Shades of Green (across street from Poly).

I just looked on google satellite maps and I like that path around the golf course. It looks nice and peaceful. Are they lit up before sunrise? Do I just cross Floridian Way from Poly to get on that path?

I have done the campsite and cabin loops when i stayed there last time. I figured out if you hit all of the loops it would be about 10 to 11 miles. Then there is the trail from FW to WL too.

I saw that loop and would love to do that but I don't think I have time to get to the campsites since I'm planning on running very early in the morning before we get ready to go for rope drop at the parks.

LOL - that's not a hill. :P

Just curious, what is this "hill's" elevation gain?

I just looked on google satellite maps and I like that path around the golf course. It looks nice and peaceful. Are they lit up before sunrise? Do I just cross Floridian Way from Poly to get on that path?

Yes, across from the Poly, there is a road that leads to the Shades of Green resort. You can take this road to the Shades of Green entrance and then hop onto one of the golf course paths. Unfortunately, they will not be lit, so that may not work for you.

I saw that loop and would love to do that but I don't think I have time to get to the campsites since I'm planning on running very early in the morning before we get ready to go for rope drop at the parks.

I would say 30 feet gradual decline then incline. Paved sidewalk. Quality is not the best. Using cell to snap Google Street View image

Last edited:
As they say during the half and full, breath normal while you go underwater. :lmao:

I tried looking at my Garmin info from January but the elevation doesn't match up to the map at all. And Saturday and Sunday elevations were way different for the same places. I guess the satellites must have been closer on Sunday or something!?

Remind me not to use my Garmin to find my way out of a deep, dark jungle somewhere.

30 feet down then up over a couple tenths sounds about right though.

I tried looking at my Garmin info from January but the elevation doesn't match up to the map at all. And Saturday and Sunday elevations were way different for the same places. I guess the satellites must have been closer on Sunday or something!?

Remind me not to use my Garmin to find my way out of a deep, dark jungle somewhere.

30 feet down then up over a couple tenths sounds about right though.

I've had my Garmin glitch during a race before but I called them and they fixed it in my GarminConnect. It had me gaining 1300 feet in the first mile and that was definitely not true which made the entire race data incorrect. Despite that, I still love my Garmin.

When I get back on to my laptop I will have to look and see what my Garmin recorded. It would be interesting to compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter