"Running snacks" marathon weekend at resorts?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
DH is hoping to get bananas, bagels, things like that, marathon weekend. But when I asked someone who's run it in the past if Disney stocks up extra "runner's snacks", he said they don't and if DH finds things early on the week to buy the items then because the resort shops frequently sell out before the weekend ends. What's everyone here's experiences?

I always have been able to buy bananas, apples, boiled eggs, grapes & such during race weekends. The only time I did not see bananas when in wdwmw2013 at the poly. Lol yes I do remember that because my brother used my car to hit the publix down the road.

Last year the food court at POR sold a runners "pack" it had a banana, water, bagel and something else that I can't remember.

Last year the food court at POR sold a runners "pack" it had a banana, water, bagel and something else that I can't remember.

Granola bar~ at least that's what was in the runners' packs/boxes that I've seen...
We've stayed at several different resorts (at Deluxes, Moderates and Values) and have seen the boxes at each place. They are great!
Bananas are always plentiful~ bagels can possibly sell out later in the day, we used to get them early in the morning of the day before the races (or day of if a night race) and put them in ziplock bags we bring. (Food courts are not always open early enough the morning of the races depending on how early you leave?)
The resorts have gotten much better at offering healthier options that would be good for pre and post race snacks and meals.
We have started to pack a lot of our own race food~ it's easy enough to pack a bag of bagels, individual packs of oatmeal, granola and protein bars and the like.
For Wine and Dine Weekend, we ordered from Garden Grocer and saved quite a bit of money on water and fresh fruit and healthier snacks. It worked out great! That's always an option. We do a grocery order when we are in Disneyland for the races too. Makes it really convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!