Runs on Starbucks

Y’all are instigators.
But, I’ve surprisingly ran 3x a week for two weeks in a row now. I have a 4 miler on the 4th of July that I’m running with my old manager. His goal is to run it without stopping, so let’s see if I can do that, too.

I've been randomly reading through training logs and found yours. I'm not much of a podcast person, but after reading your log, I decided to listen to Not Real Runners summer season. I was literally running down my road laughing at them at 5:00 this morning so thank you for that! Also, you should totally go for Dopey! I'll never do it, but you should.

So I’ve been sick for the past two and a half weeks, so I finally went to urgent care...and I have walking pneumonia. I’m really thinking I’m not gonna be able to pull off the marathon. At least I’ll still have a Disney vacation.

So I’ve been sick for the past two and a half weeks, so I finally went to urgent care...and I have walking pneumonia. I’m really thinking I’m not gonna be able to pull off the marathon. At least I’ll still have a Disney vacation.
Oh no! Hope you feel better soon.

The good news is that this was the perfect time for me to be sentenced to bed rest with Disney+ launching. I don’t think I’ve accomplished anything else since being sent home Tuesday.
I finally watched the new Dumbo movie, and I don’t understand why so many people hate it. I loved it.

Would I be allowed to run with this? It’s made of plastic/heavy foam and it’s about as long/longer than my leg. 646FABA5-9645-4F6B-A060-20CB704076B2.jpeg

I was able to fit in 2 miles before work this morning, and before registration.
I always chew gum while I run so I have something to do.

While on the run, I ran into a spider web.
A little ways later, I thought I got something stuck in my gum. Usually, it’s hair, because I have a lot of it and it gets everywhere.
It was the spider. I chewed the spider for a full half mile before I noticed.

Happy Tuesday.

On an actual happy note, I was able to register for Dopey with my Mama.

D9DBA2CB-1977-4B6C-8AFF-22C83C0C38CE.jpeg

Trying to incorporate actual intervals into my run. I have been running until I feel like I need to walk, or over exerting myself. I’m not sure I love intervals or that I won’t go back to running how I feel.
At least my first two miles were fairly consistent. My third mile had a lot more traffic lights than I was expecting.

Today was rough day at work. I had a customer spray down my barista, and her drink, with Lysol. While that is rude, it’s nothing new these days. What is new, is that she then proceeded to take her straw out of the wrapper, spray it with Lysol, and then drink with it. :scared:

Ran in hot and unforgiving weather (Felt like 101), but I wanted a chance to wear my new shoes out. Two miles will have to do.

Attachments

• C85E931E-E7C7-484E-B26E-68506DE4CD65.jpeg
    C85E931E-E7C7-484E-B26E-68506DE4CD65.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2
Yikes. I didn’t realize I had gone so long without running.
My life has kind of been a hot mess.
Here are two slow miles in today’s humidity to ease me back into it. It was really 1.75 miles running, and the last .25 I was walking due to trying to stay away from people on my path and not get hit by cars. 2F6A1A70-0E56-4B2E-B328-82748A67F40E.jpeg
I also found these cute little cans thanks to instagram, and I needed some Disney magic back in my life. It was a nice after run treat. It was *very* sweet and definitely had a stevia taste to it. I usually drink flavored waters, like aha or bubbly, so maybe I’m just not used to any kind of sweetener. But I bought a case worth of them, so I’ll be drinking them.
0FACE2EA-50FC-41AD-B53E-5018F4AB36FC.jpeg10CE3482-E683-4BF9-97E9-3DB902DB7010.jpeg

Forgot to post Sunday’s run so here ya go.
85C6985A-6241-4FB2-A49A-DA4AC21C1BC6.jpeg
This week has been extra humid when I went out (90% at 88 degrees)
Here is today’s run.
BB8D5C7B-EEC4-4F8F-BDBE-FF171CA5CC94.jpeg
Seeing some consistency there? Lol. I was aiming for a 13:45 min/mile so I’m going a bit faster in my first mile, and my second mile is slower. I’ll get there. Here is also a heartbreaking photo of Flapjack, waiting for me to return from my run. 5F0BF5A0-F4C8-4D70-B47B-0434806F8380.jpeg
My work changed to block scheduling a while ago, and this is the first week where I am working night blocks. Which means I can finally wake up early and get out before it gets too hot and humid out. I obviously slept in today, but there’s hope in the future for some cooler runs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts