RV Camping at disney world

new campers

Earning My Ears
Hello, I read alot of your posts and they are all very intresting. One question that I have, is the campground for RV's in the park? I went to disney's web site and did notice that they have full hookups for RV's, But it did not say if the campground is in the park or do you have to drive to the park?

Fort Wilderness is on Disney property. Like any other resort, you would have to take Disney transportation (or your own vehicle) to the parks. There's a ferry to the Magic Kingdom. There are also buses and bus stops at almost every loop that take guests to the TTC where you could connect to any park.

Hope this helps!

I hope you have fun here!

Fort Wilderness (FW) is part of the Walt Disney Resort (WDW). You can access Magic Kingdom (MK) via boat at the FW Marina. You can also catch a bus to MK and the other three theme parks. FW has sites for tents, partial hook ups and full hook ups. There are a number of loops and each loop has a comfort station. Showers, comodes and laundry facilities. VERY clean! :Pinkbounc Hope I've answered some questions and if any others come up, ask away! :D

That is the exact info that we were looking for. If I may ask do you RV camp there and how do you like it? Thanks a bunch!!!

We have a travel trailer that we pull just about everywhere. FW is probably our best destination yet! There are other campgrounds that give some stiff competition (Encore on Chockolocksee Island, park right on the dock in the Everglades, for one), but when you consider all the extras FW has, it's hard to beat!

If you continue reading here, you'll see that many tent at FW, too. And those dear souls truly love tenting there. I would say the majority are RVer's though.

When are you considering visiting?

Originally posted by new campers
Hello, I read alot of your posts and they are all very intresting. One question that I have, is the campground for RV's in the park? I went to disney's web site and did notice that they have full hookups for RV's, But it did not say if the campground is in the park or do you have to drive to the park?

You have already been give great responses to your question, but I felt I had to throw in my $ .02.

Your question is common among folks who have been to places such as Cedar Point, one of the Busch Gardens parks or one of the Paramount parks but not WDW.

Most amusement parks are measured in acres, WDW is actually measured in square miles (47 square miles to be exact) In Disney publications I have read they describe themselves as "Located on a piece of land twice the size of Manhattan" or anothers description I read was "teh size of San Francisco". It is huge. There is really no way to compare it to any other amusement park.

Fort Wilderness is just one of the many on property resort accommodations there and 4 parks (Magic Kingdom, Disney/MGM Studios, EPCOT, and the Animal Kingdom). Add to that Pleasure Island, the East Side, the Disney Marketplace, water parks and so many things I can't even think of right now.

When are you considering visiting?
Hello house of princesses.
After reciving all of this great information It may be next year!!
We are looking at our first RV, while the search and info gathering has been exhausting, we think it will be quite enjoyable.

Originally posted by tim5055
You have already been give great responses to your question, but I felt I had to throw in my $ .02.

Your question is common among folks who have been to places such as Cedar Point, one of the Busch Gardens parks or one of the Paramount parks but not WDW.

Most amusement parks are measured in acres, WDW is actually measured in square miles (47 square miles to be exact) In Disney publications I have read they describe themselves as "Located on a piece of land twice the size of Manhattan" or anothers description I read was "teh size of San Francisco". It is huge. There is really no way to compare it to any other amusement park.

Fort Wilderness is just one of the many on property resort accommodations there and 4 parks (Magic Kingdom, Disney/MGM Studios, EPCOT, and the Animal Kingdom). Add to that Pleasure Island, the East Side, the Disney Marketplace, water parks and so many things I can't even think of right now.

Thanks very much for your .02 cents. This is great information. Now you give me another question. This sounds like a very large site, If we don't have transportation such as a golf cart and small children is there any service that is close to the camp sites that you can get on such as the buses that you don't have to walk 1 or 2 miles to get to?

If I may ask do you RV camp there and how do you like it?

We have a pop up camper and we do camp at FW. (we are leaving in 3 days for a 14 night stay) We absolutely love it!!! (i can't express how much)

If we don't have transportation such as a golf cart and small children is there any service that is close to the camp sites that you can get on such as the buses that you don't have to walk 1 or 2 miles to get to?

the campground is divided into "loops" of campsites. These loops are not too big and you could easily walk (a few yards give or take from any campsite to the bathhouse or bus stop.) Each loop has a bus stop where you can catch a bus that will take you to the main attractions for the campground (like the marina, pool, stores and eating places) as well as take you to the parks or main transportation hub.

I know all of this info can be over whelming, but you are doing the right thing....ask questions. We all love Disney World here and totaly get into helping others figure the place out so they get the most out of their trip.

Good Luck - lori

Originally posted by loriandmatt
We have a pop up camper and we do camp at FW. (we are leaving in 3 days for a 14 night stay) We absolutely love it!!! (i can't express how much)

the campground is divided into "loops" of campsites. These loops are not too big and you could easily walk (a few yards give or take from any campsite to the bathhouse or bus stop.) Each loop has a bus stop where you can catch a bus that will take you to the main attractions for the campground (like the marina, pool, stores and eating places) as well as take you to the parks or main transportation hub.

I know all of this info can be over whelming, but you are doing the right thing....ask questions. We all love Disney World here and totaly get into helping others figure the place out so they get the most out of their trip.

Good Luck - lori

Thank you for the information. This is sounding like a great way to go to disney without spending $$$ per night in a hotel. All of you have given us more information in 1 day than we have found in a month looking online!!! It is nice to know that there are great people out there that are willing to take the time and share their experiences! Thank you all. Have a great trip. :) :) :)

Click on the link to my web page at the bottom of this post. On my Ft. Wilderness page you will find lots of information as well as a few maps of the campground. One of them is the current bus routes and at the bottom are the camping loop maps.

Keep asking away, folks here like to answer questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter