RV Parking at OKW

Main Street Matilda

Mouseketeer
For our upcoming trip, we are staying at Fort Wilderness for a few days then heading to OKW. This is the first time we are staying at OKW and I was just wondering if there is a spot to park our RV. It's not one of those huge ones (it is about 35' long) but it would take up 2 parking spots, front to back.

I know there are other spots on property to park it, but I really don't like the idea of not being able to check on it easily.

Thanks!

Haven't been to OKW in a few years, but we are original owners from 1992 and have stayed dozens of times. Most, if not all, of the parking is a single wide, about 8-9 feet wide and a single long space in front of the buildings and on the opposite side of the circular driveway that serves a set of buildings, off the main roads. To park an RV, you would have to take about 4-5 spots for the 35" RV. I would check with member services to see if they can accommodate parking near your room.

If you Google Map the resort, you can see how the parking is set up

You need to park in the lot at Port Orleans French Quarter. You are not allow to park an RV at OKW or any other DVC

For our upcoming trip, we are staying at Fort Wilderness for a few days then heading to OKW. This is the first time we are staying at OKW and I was just wondering if there is a spot to park our RV. It's not one of those huge ones (it is about 35' long) but it would take up 2 parking spots, front to back.

I know there are other spots on property to park it, but I really don't like the idea of not being able to check on it easily.

Thanks!

Like BillPA says, you will have to park that RV over at POFQ. You won't be able to park it at OKW.

Like BillPA says, you will have to park that RV over at POFQ. You won't be able to park it at OKW.

That might be the official rule, but we have on two of our three OKW stays had vehicles parked outside our villa that should not have been allowed to be there. The first time was an older Uhaul type moving truck taking up multiple spaces right outside the villa for an entire week. We mentioned it at the front desk a couple of times, once it was a manager I spoke to, and nothing was ever done about it. Our next stay there was an RV in the lot in front of our villa for a few days taking up 3-4 spaces. That really didn't bother us much since it was step up from looking at a moving truck every time we walked out our front door.

The best thing to do, OP, is ask at the front desk where to park the RV. You may be told to park in a less convenient location, but your neighbors will likely appreciate your thoughtfulness in finding the best place for your RV.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks!
It's in the POS that RV's over a certain length (I thin it's 16 ft) aren't allowed to be parked. I'm sure some have taken advantage and parked and it's likely been semi officially allowed at slower times. I would assume you'd have to park over at PO. OKW really doesn't have back to back spaces that you can pull through so I doubt you'd have anywhere you'd be comfortable leaving it. Parked sideways it'd take up 4-5 spaces.

It's in the POS that RV's over a certain length (I thin it's 16 ft) aren't allowed to be parked. I'm sure some have taken advantage and parked and it's likely been semi officially allowed at slower times. I would assume you'd have to park over at PO. OKW really doesn't have back to back spaces that you can pull through so I doubt you'd have anywhere you'd be comfortable leaving it. Parked sideways it'd take up 4-5 spaces.

Someone on another board I frequent asked repeatedly a few weeks ago about parking their RV at OKW and were not allowed to. She made a number of calls in advance of her trip trying to get a different answer, but it was a no go. I told her I assumed it was due to the parking lot configurations at OKW, with all the cul de sac type areas that the buses have to maneuver through. I can't remember where she said they did park, POR, I think.

Someone on another board I frequent asked repeatedly a few weeks ago about parking their RV at OKW and were not allowed to. She made a number of calls in advance of her trip trying to get a different answer, but it was a no go. I told her I assumed it was due to the parking lot configurations at OKW, with all the cul de sac type areas that the buses have to maneuver through. I can't remember where she said they did park, POR, I think.
All of the resort POS I'd looked at have the provision I mentioned. I know AKV & VWL have allowed parking at outlying areas. The problem in this case is 35 ft is quite the monstrosity when it comes to parking in a lot. I think others have gotten different answers at times though.

All of the resort POS I'd looked at have the provision I mentioned. I know AKV & VWL have allowed parking at outlying areas. The problem in this case is 35 ft is quite the monstrosity when it comes to parking in a lot. I think others have gotten different answers at times though.

Well ... I don't know about a monstrosity :) - but it is big. I called the front desk as recommended and they said they had "provisions" for RV parking. In reading the thread, I'm guessing they mean over at POFQ. I may have to reconsider how we are going to handle this. We had no issue at BLT parking it - but looking at the OKW map, I see where this resort may be an issue.

Well ... I don't know about a monstrosity :) - but it is big. I called the front desk as recommended and they said they had "provisions" for RV parking. In reading the thread, I'm guessing they mean over at POFQ. I may have to reconsider how we are going to handle this. We had no issue at BLT parking it - but looking at the OKW map, I see where this resort may be an issue.
LOL, I was referring to size not appearance but you never know, maybe it's painted in JETS green. I'm certain they mean PO. I'm surprised you didn't have issues at BLT given how strict they are on parking in general, I wouldn't count on that going forward. Even for SSR it's be tough getting a pull through spot with enough room but you might be OK during slower times. VWL & AKV should be OK though you might have to park on the Jambo side. As I noted, it's contractually not allowed. I was remembering incorrectly on length, 24 ft and under are allowed per POS (at least in the 3 resorts I have).

The best thing to do, OP, is ask at the front desk where to park the RV.

Just get in the line marked "Check in here for Pool Hopping and RV Parking"

I ALWAYS see RVs trailers and trucks parked at OKW and Saratoga Springs. The curteous ones choose an out of the way area so they don't hog spaces close to the doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter