SAB pool hopping

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
When the BCV open will we still be able to pool hop to SAB or will have to be staying there? We still get to use WL pool now, don't we??

There have been a lot of guessing and rumors on this board regarding this....that's part of the fun of these boards anyway.

So far, we have a lifeguard that says the SAB pool will be for Y&BC and BCV only after BCV open up. Others have suggested this as well.

So far, the only pool that has restricted pool hopping for DVCers is the AKL pool, which does not have DVC homes. Oh, and DVCers cannot pool hop on some holidays and any time the "pool authorities" determine they are at capacity.

I often hear on this board about how crowded the SAB pool is and that is probably what is fueling the rumor.

Bottom line, nobody really knows for sure. I could see DVC using it as a selling tool for the new BCV's....."If you join here you and these two resort hotels will be the only ones able to use this cool pool" (assuming your staying at the BCV, on your own points, and we don't change our minds anyway).

I bet Pool hopping at SAB doesn't survive the first year of BCV and would think that closing PH with the opening of the new resort is most likely.

You think pool hopping will be out completely when BCV opens?:eek: Or EPV?

What makes you think that? Or am I misunderstanding what PH is?

I was referring specifically to SAB but I would not be surprised if pool hopping in general were to be eliminated within the next couple of years and am convinced it won't survive the EP sales, say no PH after 2010.

Since poolhopping is essentially an unwritten perk, with the warning to call ahead before venturing out to hop ---I could see them simply "closing" the SAB to hoppers most of the time and any other pools they feel are threatened by excess hopping without ever actually having to "take away" the perk...

This allows them to continue to use pool hopping as a selling point even after it is for all purposes gone or at least unlikely (like being able to exhange EASILY for ANY timeshare week/place in the II list)...Here's the pitch:

"You can go to any pool on property!!! (depending on availability,of course)"

In my scenario, SAB will just rarely be "available." (January)

Paul

I could see that Paul. I suspect by the time it gets to that point however, it will be more trouble for Disney that it's worth.

But the best thing about Disney doing away with legal pool hopping is that if we are willing to break the rules we can trespass with the locals, many of whom seem to think that it is just fine and dandy to trespass at the Disney pools. And when you think about it, if Disney won't put a stop to it then why not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter