"Sad" realization about DVC Photopass code

Tara

Bad Influence
I was going to call today to get the $50 off DVC Photopass code for my upcoming trip for just me and my son now that we're within 45 days. :cool1: Then as I wrote it on my to do list, it hit me - I can't get the code (I assume) because I'm not using my points for this trip! :(

I'm trying to do this trip on the cheap, hence the moderate with AP discount and compact rental car (that's as much as I'll compromise ;)). I was really looking forward to that low-cost Photopass since it'll just be us (meaning fewer pictures of the two of us since I'll need others to take pictures of us) and given how photo-shy my son can be, paying $100 for the pre-order is a wee bit risky, but for $50 it seems like an okay deal.

But I assume it's only for members staying on points. If anyone knows that this is an incorrect assumption, I'd love to hear about it, but I'm assuming it is indeed true. Oh well! Guess I'll just be carrying around the QuikPod a lot. :(

I think you are trying to double the discount- order at the preorder price and add the DVC preorder discount and that wouldn't be allowed. They took out the DVC code once DVC reservations were able to get the preorder discount- the code was only to put it on par with other preoders not to be doublely used- since people started doing that they deleted the code.

We are going in two weeks on a cash reservation (not using points), and when I called MS to ask for the code, she emailed it to me with no problems or questions asked. Did you try to call?

We are going in two weeks on a cash reservation (not using points), and when I called MS to ask for the code, she emailed it to me with no problems or questions asked. Did you try to call?

I haven't tried to call, but now I will. Although I don't know that I'll be as successful as you were. (see below for why)

I think you are trying to double the discount- order at the preorder price and add the DVC preorder discount and that wouldn't be allowed. They took out the DVC code once DVC reservations were able to get the preorder discount- the code was only to put it on par with other preoders not to be doublely used- since people started doing that they deleted the code.

Well, yes it was allowed. If you do a search, there are several threads about the double discount. There's another thread started this week (which I didn't see until now) stating that it's no longer available as of this week. I'm still going to call and ask about it - given that this new post is just 1 report, I'm not convinced - it could just be a CM who didn't know what he or she was talking about. Not that THAT would ever happen...:rolleyes:

Well, yes it was allowed. If you do a search, there are several threads about the double discount. There's another thread started this week (which I didn't see until now) stating that it's no longer available as of this week. I'm still going to call and ask about it - given that this new post is just 1 report, I'm not convinced - it could just be a CM who didn't know what he or she was talking about. Not that THAT would ever happen...:rolleyes:

Technically you were not suppose to double the discount. MS was nice enough to give a code to DVC members during the time when you could not pre-order. I am sure the reason for no longer giving the code is because people were using the code for a preorder. I would bet if you ask MS when you call to try and get your code the will tell you it is not allowed.

I've heard from multiple people that DVC has stated no more codes since they reopened the GP pre-order discount.

The window when you could double-dip with the DVC member code & the new pre-order discount was very small -- only about a week. That was one loophole they closed quickly! But of course, there were quite a few people who had gotten their DVC discount code and hadn't done anything with it yet - so those lucky people were able to get the CD for only $50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter