Same spot every year?

Eyeeore

Mouseketeer
We've been here January - February for the last 3 years and have noticed that a few RV's that get the same site each year. How is that done? We'd like to get the same one next year & need to figure out how to go about that.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I have seen the same thing. I made friends with one of them, I will see what he has to say and get back to you.

Book early, put it on your reservation and keep your fingers crossed.

When you arrive if the site that you want is occupied ask the CM at check in when that guest leaves you want to move to that site when they leave. Also you can call 7/10 days prior to arrival and request the site and if the front desk can make it happen they will.

Corgidad knows. We come the same time every year because of the marathon. We see the same people in the same spots, but I have also seen them in a new spot and the next day they move. We are normally only there two weeks in Jan so we don’t bother moving but when I get to stay for two or three months after retirement, I will be more than willing to wait for my spot for a few days.

i've had site 730 5 times, as some suggested, i call a week prior and put in a request. although last year it was occupied, we were very close to it.

It's not impossible, you have to be willing to wait in case it isn't ready on your arrival, or you have to be willing to move if it opens up after your arrival date.

I'm not that patient nor am I that partial. At least not yet.

I really enjoy experiencing different sites, so that would not be something I'd ever want to do. Would definitely take some patience and persistence.

I'm not that patient nor am I that partial. At least not yet.

I agree. We visit three times a year and I just don't get the preoccupation that people have about a particular site or loop. The exception to that are those with the fantastic holiday displays; they deserve the sites that suit their magical set-ups (kudos to them for entertaining us year after year). We do have preferences due to our dogs (being away from high traffic areas such as comfort stations and bus stops), but never, ever have requested a particular loop or site, and we have never, ever been disappointed. If we don't care for the ramdom site that's been assigned, we change it - easily.
That being said, we are very, very picky about our sites during trips we take to other campgrounds, but those are places where the campground is a place where we spend much more time on-site.

Since we're here for a couple of months, we do go to the parks a couple times a week but mostly hang around the camper. Site size is important, being close to bus stops and comfort stations not so much.

I like the lights that folks carry and set up. I've not gotten into that yet but it could happen. I'm content to look at the lights that have been set up.

If we were staying for an extended period, we'd probably be much more selective too.

a few RV's that get the same site each year. How is that done?

1) Check-in as soon after 6:05am as possible.
2) Front Desk CM's can usually switch you around, within the same price/type category.
3) We do this EVERY day.
4) It is VERY common.
5) The later you check-in the worse campsites or hotel rooms you get, as the better site/rooms are given to those who want to switch locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter