Sam's Club

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
Hi I was just wondering if any of you in the GTA have been to Sam's Club yet? And if so what your opinions are.

Really did not get a chance to give it a real good looksie 'cause it was way too packed!

It is basically the same as Costco but they have a better variety in the Cake Department - DISNEY CAKES!

I did not like the fact I could not try the cameras for feel, they were bolted down.

Most items were about $1.00 cheaper than Costco but we will see for how long.

I ended up buying chips for Halloween and for a mere $7.56 got 80 bags!

The printer ink I use is about $8.00 cheaper than Costco.

DD likes that fact that they have her Sponge Bob Fruit Chews!

Will be going back when the crowds die done to give it a better going over!

Basically, Costco but Bigger!

Scratch
pirate:

Do you have to buy a membership just to go and look first?

I'm probably in the minority but I wasn't too impressed ... I didn't think the prices of some items (ie. DVD, video games) were much cheaper than other stores ... maybe $1 or $2 and in some cases $0.50. I also felt the same way about the food ... it was a little cheaper but make sure you have lots of room in your fridge :) I thought they could have had a greater selection of low-fat/cal products, but that's only because I'm on a diet :p My BF seemed to like their junk food section ... we ended up buying a 1kg bag of Clodhoppers! I think that was about $9.

Some of their better deals were in the digital photo department. I noticed they were selling a 256MB SD card (digital memory for cameras) for $90, I thought that was a pretty good deal. The Kodak photo paper was a pretty good price.

I was disappointed that they didn't accept credit cards (It's probably to keep their prices low) because I usually don't carry cash or use my debit card.

I'll probably go back and have another look ... but I think I might be asking for a refund on my membership.

Bunnyfoo, did the cashier not tell you that you could apply for their credit card!?! Apparently, you can get credit that is put onto your membership card. I did not check it out that night because of the crowds.

Tigger2on, I believe you need a membership even just to look. At least that's the way it looked at the Customer Service Desk. Long, Long Line UP!

Time will tell if this flies!

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter