Sanford Airport??

minnieeaves

Mouseketeer
We are considering flying with TUI on the Dreamliner into Sanford, we have always flew into MCO with Virgin. What is Sanford Like for immigration on the way in and security on the way back and do they have a good range of rental cars?

Thanks!

Sanford is a lot smaller than Mco. I actually prefer it. As for immigration it all depends on how many planes land 2015 it took 25 mins but last May our flight was delayed slightly & a German or Netherlands plane had landed so it took 90 minutes.

Sorry can’t help with rental car as we’ve never drove in the states, we always arrange a towncar.

Just a follow up, on way back we were through security quite quickly ( despite them frisking my hubby)

As pointed out it is a very small airport compared to MCO .. It is easy to go through immigration & then walk 100 yards to

car rental " check in " desks & another 100 yards to collect car .

After exiting car park there is about a mile drive to main road .... then turn Right ... and then a short drive ( Passing Petrol Station )

to take the 417 ( Toll { cash manned } ) to Disney & On passing MCO . OR you can drive straight on & join Hwy I-4

It's a great airport when you're on the only plane which has landed. If there are others in front then it's a different story! We've been through in 30 minutes and in a holding room for nearly two hours. There are few amenities for the flight back as restaurtants are limited.

i have only ever flown into Sanford, it was a very quick and easy airport to use.

Rental Cars are ok at Sanford, waited a long time for a car to be brought round when we used it. They don't choose your own cars at any of the rental places.

Last time i went i didnt use the Toll Roads and it was pretty easy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter