Sapphire Falls, here now, what's going on?

madduck

Mouseketeer
Last year we stayed at Sapphire Falls and had an enjoyable experience. This year having issues. Checked in 2 nights ago at 12:30am, waited because the room wasn't ready, so then they "upgraded" to lagoon view. Unless I'm looking at niagra falls I couldn't care less about the view but ok. Got a text soon after asking about the room, I didn't respond as it was very late/early. Next morning, no wash cloths, no shampoo, and absolutely no water pressure in the shower. Wife had to lean head against the wall to get any water on her. So I texted the issues and they said they'd be right up with wash cloths and shampoo.Waited 30 minutes then texted them we were going down to pool. When we came back shampoo and wash cloths there but shower still bad. I texted again and they said an engineer would be up. We left then for hhn. This morning water pressure was worse if you can believe it. We had to catch water in a wash cloth and try to bathe. I asked if this was normal, thinking they might say it was an issue with the hurricane or something. They said it wasn't normal and would send an engineer, again. Two days left in my trip so I'm hoping for a little better, if not back to royal pacific we will go.
Update:
So we had a couple more issues including them trying to charge me for water that wasn't originally there. I talked to the front desk and they removed the charge immediately, I also told the girl about some of the many issues for which she apologized.
When we got home I received the survey which I answered and at the end there was an "anything else" box. In the box I wrote a paragraph telling them the issues that had occurred and that I was considering other hotels for our next visit.
Last night I received an email apologizing and a refund of 1 night on our credit card. Also a note telling me that if I do come back to please contact them and they will try to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
I will be going back. I just figured they'd trash my email or send me an apology. It's nice when you feel that somebody hears your concerns and tries hard to make it right.

Last edited:
JHMO

Sounds like with the late checkin they may have thought you were a no-show. Did you call to let them know you'd be checking in late(r) than the norm?

May have resold the room. when you did arrive, they scrambled to put you in one of the rooms they hold in reserve for emergencies.:confused3

Good luck with the parter pressure issue being resolved. A shame as it is a lovely property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter