Saratoga refurb

Following along. We have a Dec reservation in the preferred section.

I am glad to hear that the refurb has started. We just returned from a trip and to be honest it's long overdue. I posted the same review on the DVC Fan Facekook page.

I will start by saying we LOVE the SSR grounds, dining and location, but the SSR rooms need some love! The couch in our room needed a board installed to hold the couch cushions up. This is the second time we have had to make the same request (18 months apart) at SSR and they have the boards in stock so they know this is an issue. The master bath had a hole near the faucet and the kitchen faucet head was cracked.

We had to call maintenance regarding the door being jammed. It turned out one of the hinges was loose so the door didn't open easily. I could push it, but my senior parents (mom on a scooter/dad just finished chemo so he's still a little frail) were having difficulty and I was losing patience with excuses being told it was the lock looking for a MDE app on a phone.

SSR staff is great, but it is definitely time for the resort refurb, it is long past due. To be honest if you have another choice I would select another resort until this is done.

First photos have been released for an actual refurbished 1 bedroom. Google it, they're gorgeous!

At least they got drawers in the bathroom vanities to store smaller items.

I know they were working on two buildings at Congress Park. Does anyone know if they moved on to other buildings? Going in October of next year.

Must be why I have not seen anything online about the progress. Thanks for the info

Any updates on where the next refurb will take place after Congress Park? We are thinking of going in Nov 2020, would love to book a refurbed room!
Since it is a DVC only resort, you will get better/more answers on the DVC resorts forum. I think there is a dedicated SSR renovation thread plus the regular SSR thread.
Denise

No one knows. The process is not published. We will only know when they board up another building.

We are here now and the CM at registration said the only rooms completed are in Congress Park. We booked standard view, so that was out for us. However, she asked me where else might we like to stay and we have an awesome location next to the Paddock pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!