SARS in Toronto

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
I'm about to head up to Toronto on Sunday. Is the city freaking out over this SARS thing, or is it being blown out of proportion? I noticed a travel advisory last night scrolling on Fox News and it has me nervous.

Also... how is the weather? Is there snow on the ground?

Thanks for any replies!

I think it is being blown out of porportion somewhat. This is a city of 5 million with around 200 cases. Of course it has the potential of getting worse. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
No snow left anymore. Temperatures should be around 6-10 celius. It's a fun city...have a great time.

The snow is melting thanks to all of the sunshine we've been getting in the last two days :p It's about 10C or 50F (I think that's about right). It's cooler at night so, you'll need a jacket if you're going to be walking around.

You don't have to worry about SARS unless you're going into a hospital or some other health care facility. I've been just about everywhere else supermarkets, malls, parks etc. and they're fine. Just remember to wash your hands and you'll be fine :)

I mirror Bunnyfoo's post. We have been out and about Toronto a lot. We have noticed fewer crowds everywhere. S

I wouldn't worry about it too much-If you need further information check the Ontario Ministry of Labour's website-they have a lot of info on there.

Well I'm here and I haven't caught it yet :rolleyes:

And I haven't seen anyone walking around with a surgical mask on or anything. Seems everyone downtown here is "business as usual." I just hope others made it to this conference!

I did hear on the news that there were about 230 cases now. More (I think 6?) have been confirmed today.

Oh well I'm just washing my hands a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter