save some $$'s for a taxi when you are short on time for a PS

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We were in the Dolphin and had a Chef Mickey 8 AM PS
for breakfast. No MK bus avalable and no time to monorail from MK. So we did a taxi - in 15 min we were in the lobby of the CR.
Only $12 expensed. We'll worth it.

By the way, the taxi's drop you off at the CR on the ground
(1st ?) floor. Chef Mickeys is on the 4th (I think) floor.

It took us 5 mins to find Chef Mickeys once we arrived at the CR.
But hey - we saved time on transportation and
looked awake and cheery for our Chef Mickey fork picture :)

hi: could you please tell me the name of the taxi service you used and also if the taxi could accomodate 5 adults. thanks.

Not sure of the name of the taxi service.
They just line up outside of the Dolphin
entrance waiting for customers.

5 adults may be a squeeze.
We fit my DH in front with the driver and
DW, DS (pre-teen) and DD in the back.
We had plenty of space. Not sure of 5 adults.
There were seat belts for 3 in back.

Check at your front desk of your resort for taxi service.
Maybe you can be hooked up with another type of
transportation for 5 adults - or use 2 taxi's.

I think most deluxe have taxi's waiting for use.

All the hotels (even All-Stars, I believe) can call a cab for you, and it should arrive within a few minutes of your request. You can ask for a taxi van which will easily accomodate your 5 adults. It doesn't cost anymore, but you might want to call down to bell services a bit earlier to make sure you get the van.

We always take taxis, not only to restaurants, but also to parks sometimes, especially AK. My fiance is a typically impatient northerner, so after waiting for a bus for five to ten minutes, he heads over to the valet to get a cab. Usually, the resorts have taxis waiting, but if not, just alert the desk. One caution, though. MAKE SURE you take a Yellow Cab, rather than an independent or a different company. Look at the name on the side of the car - some of the others are yellow in color. We made the mistake of taking an independent and it cost $30 from the GF to DD. The fare is usually about $15. My fiance noticed that the driver was driving around in circles and said something to him. It's a shame that some drivers would take advantage of people to make a higher fare. This WILL NOT happen with a Yellow Cab.

just a heads up. we had requested a taxi pickup for travel from WL to GF for dinner at V&A. this was done early afternoon since it was a friday. when we went downstairs, the taxi had not been "reserved" and there were none at the WL. fortunately there was a bellman that drove us over in the WL surburban! but we have taken a taxi several times when we changing resorts--no problem!:tongue:

When we stay at the Dolphin, we always grab one of the taxis parked out front when we have PS at another resort. The fare charged to the Poly from the Dolphin is always $7. ($10 with tip). Not bad! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter