"Saving" 6%

nicknamy1996

Disney Junkie...
I posted this on the budget board as well since it is both a "budget" and reward idea.

I have used Upromise several times for disneystore.com purchases. They pay 4% cash back for all purchases (even giftcards-at least they have in the past.) And right now disney visa is paying 2% (in Disney Reward Dollars) for purchases over $75.

So if I go to Upromise, click on disneystore.com and buy $1500 worth of gift cards. I would get 6% or $90 for my trouble.

Then I take the GCs to local Dis Store and buy DDs for our next trip.

(I will probably do this to a lesser extent $500 dollars or so and use my CC or do travelers checks at WDW for the balance. But for those of you who are brave enough to carry that much "cash"(dds) go for it, I've read post of people who bring 2000-3000 worth of DDs on vacation)

I did something very close to this a year and a half ago with our AP vouchers and it worked fine. However, if anybody is thinking of doing this you can check with Upromise (or MyPoints if you choose that site) to make sure you will get credit for GC purchases, then check with you local DS to make sure you can use GCs to buy Disney Dollars. Neither one of these should be an issue. But check into it if you are unsure.

Good idea. However, my DS will not let me buy Disney dollars with gift cards, they tell me that gift cards are for merchandise only. As mentioned above, make sure you check with your Disney Store, because policy seems to differ from store to store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter