Saving Mr. Banks sequel?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So after seeing Saving Mr. Banks I feel they have the ability to make a follow up movie "His last steps of a legacy"

In it you would see Walt turn his attention to his dream of Walt Disney World and the challenges that laid ahead.

I think they should really make a full-length film about the Sherman brothers (other than the 2009 documentary). Their story is so interesting and sad, and most people don't even realize the big impact they've had on the musical film and theater industries. I find them really fascinating and I loved Jason Schwartzman and BJ Novak's portrayals in Saving Mr. Banks.

I think they should really make a full-length film about the Sherman brothers (other than the 2009 documentary). Their story is so interesting and sad, and most people don't even realize the big impact they've had on the musical film and theater industries. I find them really fascinating and I loved Jason Schwartzman and BJ Novak's portrayals in Saving Mr. Banks.

Why is their story sad?

Why is their story sad?

Because they never really got along and in Bob's later years didn't see each other or talk much at all. Just a strange and sad backstory for two brothers who made such happy music. It seems like Dick wanted a closer relationship with his brother, but Bob struggled with depression and was noted by many to have a "dark side." If you watch the 2009 documentary "The Boys," it goes into more detail than I can here, and they're both interviewed throughout the film speaking about their relationship and their career. The parts dealing with Walt's death and how the studio basically froze them out after that for being Walt's "pets" are sad, too.

Because they never really got along and in Bob's later years didn't see each other or talk much at all. Just a strange and sad backstory for two brothers who made such happy music. It seems like Dick wanted a closer relationship with his brother, but Bob struggled with depression and was noted by many to have a "dark side." If you watch the 2009 documentary "The Boys," it goes into more detail than I can here, and they're both interviewed throughout the film speaking about their relationship and their career. The parts dealing with Walt's death and how the studio basically froze them out after that for being Walt's "pets" are sad, too.

Interesting, will have to check out the documentary.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a movie specifically about Walt Disney's life, especially after everything he's done for families and children.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a movie specifically about Walt Disney's life, especially after everything he's done for families and children.

I wonder if there is a reason for that .. as in because he was (and in a way, still is) such a big part of the film industry, there is certain difficulties and complications in making a film about him. Like you say it is strange ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter