• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Saving on taxes ?? Non-US Resident

beaudoin_n

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Someone told me that when you travel to the States from Canada you can get the taxes paid re-imbursed ..... Unfortunately i found only the documentation for the other situation (US resident buying in Canada and the forms to fill out). Do any of you know if Florida allows for Canadians to get part or all of the taxes exempted or re-imbursed ? And if so is there a link or form available ?

Thanks in advance

Hi beaudoin_n!

I have never heard of anyone from being able to get reimbursed for taxes paid here, although I have been reimbursed for taxes when I travelled to Ontario. The things that I got the taxes back on were things that could not be consumed on our trip - clothes, etc.

I am going to copy this post over to our Canadian Board to see if you get any answers from the Canadian experts that tell you differently! :)

Hope this helps somewhat......in the past when we made purchases in DisneyWorld we asked to have the items shipped back home by UPS, Fedex, whatever was more economical...when doing this we weren't charged Florida sales tax....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter