Savi's Workshop With a 3yo?

dk413

Mouseketeer
My son is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars and even more so with light sabers. Every morning he wakes up and asks to watch youtube videos of Savi's Workshop. Every. Morning. A reservation just because available during our trip and I went to book it immediately as it would probably be the highlight of his life but it says they have to be 5 to do this....He's only 3. If my husband was the builder could be bring our son as his guest to help?

My son is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars and even more so with light sabers. Every morning he wakes up and asks to watch youtube videos of Savi's Workshop. Every. Morning. A reservation just because available during our trip and I went to book it immediately as it would probably be the highlight of his life but it says they have to be 5 to do this....He's only 3. If my husband was the builder could be bring our son as his guest to help?
The builder’s guest stands behind the builder and isn’t involved in the build at all especially because it isn’t geared to a pre-schooler.

Have you shown him videos of the sabers that he can build at Tatooine Traders? That’s more hands on and geared to kids.

The builder’s guest stands behind the builder and isn’t involved in the build at all especially because it isn’t geared to a pre-schooler.

Have you shown him videos of the sabers that he can build at Tatooine Traders? That’s more hands on and geared to kids.

+1

I dont think any 3yo could stand in one place for that long...................

Totally agree with hiroMYhero in there are far better and much cheaper versions to do, I also saw a shop if my memory is good, I think in Epcot that had kids building there own LS's and they really seemed like they were enjoying it...

Whatever you choose have fun!

Just wondering if you ended up building a light saber at tatooine traders and how the experience was? My son is only 6 but I’m not sure that he would appreciate Savi’s. He’s not a Star Wars fanatic (much more into dinosaurs right now) so not sure that I need to spend that kind of money if he could also build one somewhere else.

We haven’t been yet. Our trip is in November so will report back after we go. But yes, that’s a lot of money to drop, especially if you’re not really into Star Wars. The only reason we considered it is because my son is obsessed. He doesn’t think he is Darth Vader. He IS Darth Vader and if you tell him otherwise he might chop your arm off with a lightsaber. He wears his costume every. Single. Day. 🤣

Ah okay, I am also going in Nov. I saw a YouTube video of the updated store and thinking that might be sufficient for this trip.

Not a lightsaber obviously but I took my almost 3 year old(who loves tools) to the droid Worksop and he had a blast. He picked the parts from the conveyor belt, picked the accents, and even screwed them in with assistance. We were on the Droid play mat outside for almost an hour.

The other lightsaber builds are just grabbing pieces from a big trough. Is he more into having a toy at the end or the experience he's seeing if Savis in the YT videos?

We haven’t been yet. Our trip is in November so will report back after we go. But yes, that’s a lot of money to drop, especially if you’re not really into Star Wars. The only reason we considered it is because my son is obsessed. He doesn’t think he is Darth Vader. He IS Darth Vader and if you tell him otherwise he might chop your arm off with a lightsaber. He wears his costume every. Single. Day. 🤣
That's so cool. Remember you can meet Vader at dhs now. That'll make for a cute picture

Not a lightsaber obviously but I took my almost 3 year old(who loves tools) to the droid Worksop and he had a blast. He picked the parts from the conveyor belt, picked the accents, and even screwed them in with assistance. We were on the Droid play mat outside for almost an hour.

The other lightsaber builds are just grabbing pieces from a big trough. Is he more into having a toy at the end or the experience he's seeing if Savis in the YT videos?
I think its the experience and the fact that he would have a “real” lightsaber (he already had a toy one). But I guess I can just say all lightsabers from GE are “real” lightsabers. I don’t think he would know the difference...Actually,he probably would

That's so cool. Remember you can meet Vader at dhs now. That'll make for a cute picture
He saw him last year at DHS as he was walking towards the stage for the Star Wars show and it was basically the best moment of his life. I can’t wait for him to actually meet him

My son has done the Tatooine Traiders light sabers twice ( once age 4 and once at age 8). He enjoyed it both times, but at age 4, he was blown away by building his very one light saber. Of course, Savi’s didn’t exit then so he had nothing to compare it with. We haven’t been to Savi’s yet (planning a trip for May), but I think the Tatooine Traders light sabers are probably more age appropriate (and substantially less expensive).

This is my 3yr old nephew, he is obsessed clearly same as your son. He is beyond obsessed also with my lightsaber from savi’s. He thinks it’s “real” unlike his toy ones this is so he doesn’t break it as it is heavy. I’d love to take him to build one also and he would stand and be beside Himself with the whole experience. You could always ask bout him Doing it.

I think its the experience and the fact that he would have a “real” lightsaber (he already had a toy one). But I guess I can just say all lightsabers from GE are “real” lightsabers. I don’t think he would know the difference...Actually,he probably would
Honestly, at 3 he probably wouldn’t be able to play with it much anyway. Those things are actually pretty heavy. I know a couple 5 year olds that would certainly struggle with mine.

Just to clarify, they do not prevent conversation between a guest and a builder. A guest can totally be involved in the build. The guest doesn't interact with the gatherer but they can assist the builder. DH helped me with mine a lot. I can't make decisions very well

Now, that doesn't mean that a 3 yo would be able to help much. That would depend on the 3 yo I'm guessing. Some could probably do just fine in there. Others would not like it. It does go dark

I would not take a 3 yo to Savi's - even as the guest. The lightsabers are heavy and the hilts are not small in diameter - they might even struggle with holding it. And with blade in, its taller than a 3 yo! Make a plastic one. Make up a story about how you have to be experienced before you can visit Savi's - or something! It takes time, there's a story, and if a little one is disruptive to the others - the others might complain - or you will at least find yourself with lots of dirty looks.

I do think a 3 yo who is not overwhelmed in crowded, dimly light, noisy places would like helping build a droid.

I think the age 5 limit Disney set for Savi's - I think that's right. Some 5 yo's are going to value/understand/love the experience, while I think others might still be too young. Seven or eight seems safe to me - if they love SW.

EVERYONE in my group in October - was an adult. In my world - $200 is a very, very expensive toy......but I realize that's not everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter