Saw this article in SCMP today... what do you think?

Maybe try not to take it to heart since it's an "opinion" article. The author clearly hates Disney and all things related. :crazy2:

Disney are just finishing off a brand new onsite hotel, and have announced major plans for the park over the next few years. I don't think it's going anywhere.

We were just in HK and caught up with some local friends. The issue of public housing is a complex one. There is LOTS of development for housing happening in HK right now....just take a drive anywhere and you'll figure that out as well. My friends told me that housing development is being done by the private consortiums that are only interested in profit. The government just sells off parcels to the highest bidder. They don't build anything themselves.

HKDL was also busy. It may not hit the mark with the local HK people....yet.....but there are tons of other visitors; especially from S-E Asia. They seem to choose HK over Shanghai.

Given the recent push this year by HKDL to change decorations every season and provide a discount for local HK people for an annual pass, I would imagine that HKDL is making a concerted effort to entice and make it cheaper for the locals to visit.

As Zanzibar said, with the brand new onsite hotel and major development plans, I don't think it's going anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!