Say Please in French - A June and Sept. 2018 DLP TR *Updated 4/22

Aw Alicia I’ve loved reading your running adventures and as I said earlier, I’m in awe of your commitment and dedication! Congratulations again!
Sorry you finished the trip in a bit of a downer but yup I’d give you a gold sticker for sure for ticket mistake:scared1: :rotfl: Sure it could happen to anyone and well done for handling it and the kids reactions with parenting ease :thumbsup2 I’m sure you were really proud that your little guys coped with the disappointment and that you still managed to make something special of the evening with your yummy meal:goodvibes
I’m sure it felt a bit surreal to be back to normality when you woke the next day and were getting Landon off to school on the bus. Such is life!
I’m looking forward to hearing how’s your future Disney races go. I’m sure this one was a bit of a learning curve and that there will be no chaffing due to outfit failures in the future :woohoo:
Already on your other reports and enjoying all the plans :)
Thanks for taking us on your trip and keep up the good work:worship:

You had me cracking up!

Poor Landon, I can not imagine that went well! But happy to hear he got over it pretty quickly!

That burger does look good!

Congrats again on an amazing race!!

Just saw you posted a PTR so I’ll jump over there soon too!

Oh man I can't even imagine that shock of not having anymore days! lol that reminds me of when my Dad bought our whole family tickets to see The Rolling Stones from stubhub and the tickets were fake. They all scanned wrong and we had to walk forever to get to guest services to get it squared away. Glad it all worked worked out for you!

Something was up.

The Cast Member waiting to let us pass through the stroller/wheelchair door walked up to help; she scanned the paper tickets with a handheld machine then furrowed her brows.

She called another Cast Member over.

The two talked in furtive hushed tones.

Uh oh….this isn’t good.

I probably imagined it, but I swear they played Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who should address us. The girl who was called over lost, because she turned to Alex and held up the back of a ticket.

“You don’t have any more days.”

WHAT?!

“It says here you went into Disneyland Park on Friday and the Disney Studios Saturday. That’s all you have.”

My heart froze. What was this woman talking about?

Alex squinted at the spot the Cast Member was indicating to with her finger. Then I heard him say:

“Well I’ll be…..”
*you can insert the word he ended with here.*

My husband thanked the Cast Member, apologized, and then turned to face me.

“She’s right. We only bought 2 day tickets.”

:scared1:

Our Disneyland Paris race weekend was bought through a travel agency the previous fall, and when we booked the races we also picked how many nights we wished to stay and how many days’ worth of tickets we wanted.

And because everything was booked almost a year ago, guess who forgot what we bought??
Ugh that sucks! But at least it probably worked out for the best!

I do recall feeling like I was the only person eating my burger with my hands. Everyone else was using their forks and knives to cut the dish into pieces.

Oops.

I just shoved mine in and watched it disappear before the onions could even think about cooling.
Eat a burger with knife and fork? That's just weird! I understand cutting it in 1/2 to make it easier to eat, but I still pick it up!

What an ending to your marathon weekend - a very emotional day for you and the kids. i can imagine the shock when you figured out you had no more park days :confused3 It's great you're signed up for another Disney marathon - I bet it will be a much different experience. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Forgetting how many days were on my ticket was a major Disney flub. I guess I was just so used to having the 4-day military tickets that I just assumed that's how many days I had this time around.
I am pretty confident this next race will be different than my first, if for no other reason than I know what the heck I'm doing this time around.

Ugh that stinks about the ticket mix up! I'm sure not the way you wanted to end the trip, but it was an innocent mistake! I'm glad you were still able to get a hearty meal!

I am sure the weekend went by in the blink of an eye, but you have so many cool memories to look back on!

Thank you so much for sharing, I loved reading about it!

Thanks so much for reading! I felt like such a dummy with the ticket mistake. At one point, Alex looked over at me and went, "Oh, you're going to love having to admit this on your trip report.":rotfl:

Thanks for reporting on your race weekend! Too bad it didn't didn't end so well with the ticket mistake, but I can see how that is easily done. I also always nervous that last day worrying that I miscounted the days.

Every Walt Disney World trip I have taken, I have purchased the 4 day Military Hopper ticket so I guess I was just programmed to think I had four days. Very embarrassing but it'll teach me to always re-check my reservations before starting a trip.

Aw Alicia I’ve loved reading your running adventures and as I said earlier, I’m in awe of your commitment and dedication! Congratulations again!
Sorry you finished the trip in a bit of a downer but yup I’d give you a gold sticker for sure for ticket mistake:scared1: :rotfl: Sure it could happen to anyone and well done for handling it and the kids reactions with parenting ease :thumbsup2 I’m sure you were really proud that your little guys coped with the disappointment and that you still managed to make something special of the evening with your yummy meal:goodvibes
I’m sure it felt a bit surreal to be back to normality when you woke the next day and were getting Landon off to school on the bus. Such is life!
I’m looking forward to hearing how’s your future Disney races go. I’m sure this one was a bit of a learning curve and that there will be no chaffing due to outfit failures in the future :woohoo:
Already on your other reports and enjoying all the plans :)
Thanks for taking us on your trip and keep up the good work:worship:

I think at one point when Landon was in the throes of his meltdown, we gently reminded him how fortunate he has been to be able to visit the parks as much as he has already. We love taking the kids on these excursions but don't want them to start expecting them.

I think calling this race a learning curve is the perfect description. I'm probably going to refer to the lessons I learned from it as such.

You had me cracking up!

Poor Landon, I can not imagine that went well! But happy to hear he got over it pretty quickly!

That burger does look good!

Congrats again on an amazing race!!

Just saw you posted a PTR so I’ll jump over there soon too!

Thank you for reading!

The kids were definitely sad to miss the park time, but when we reminded them that this was their third trip to a Disney park in a year I think they put it into perspective and realized it wasn't the end of the world.

Oh man I can't even imagine that shock of not having anymore days! lol that reminds me of when my Dad bought our whole family tickets to see The Rolling Stones from stubhub and the tickets were fake. They all scanned wrong and we had to walk forever to get to guest services to get it squared away. Glad it all worked worked out for you!

The ticket goof was super embarrassing! Either me or Alex made a crack that I was going to lose my Disney fan club card with a mess up like that. :rotfl2:
And oh man!! Your poor dad. He probably went from a "I'm an awesome dad" high to a "well this is mortifying" daze. :rotfl:

Ugh that sucks! But at least it probably worked out for the best!

Eat a burger with knife and fork? That's just weird! I understand cutting it in 1/2 to make it easier to eat, but I still pick it up!

Yep! Alex and I looked around and pretty much everyone was cutting up their burger. Like, I'm all for using table manners and being polite but if I'm partaking in a burger, I wanna just grab it and go. :laughing: I'll cut it in half, but that's to get a better grip!

Alicia, I haven't read through the whole trip yet, but I've been reading a few updates from time to time over the past few days... and wow your kids have grown up! And this was almost a year ago. :faint:

I do love reading about your trips to DLP... I hope to get there sometime, but reading about your adventures is always fun. I haven't read about the whole running experience yet, but I did pass the point in the TR where you gave the "real time" update that you survived... so congratulations!!!!

I'm finally caught up just as your ending it. I really enjoyed your report but I LOVED the race updates. You're such a good writer that I felt like I was there and even teared up with you. Congrats on a great accomplishment! I look forward to seeing how much better you do at the next race.

Sorry about the ticket mess up. I think that is one of my re-occurring nightmares. I bet you never make that mistake again. We always learn better from our mistakes and it's ok to make them.

That ticket thing is a bummer ... I probably would have gone to the nearest ticket counter and tried to add a day to my ticket. Your way is probably more fiscally responsible.
I'm glad you got your burger!

Alicia, I haven't read through the whole trip yet, but I've been reading a few updates from time to time over the past few days... and wow your kids have grown up! And this was almost a year ago. :faint:

I do love reading about your trips to DLP... I hope to get there sometime, but reading about your adventures is always fun. I haven't read about the whole running experience yet, but I did pass the point in the TR where you gave the "real time" update that you survived... so congratulations!!!!

Thanks for hopping over here, Andy. I'll be honest, when I came back from my DIS-break a few years ago, I didn't even attempt to play catch-up. It was too daunting. So kudos to you for giving it a go!

I'm finally caught up just as your ending it. I really enjoyed your report but I LOVED the race updates. You're such a good writer that I felt like I was there and even teared up with you. Congrats on a great accomplishment! I look forward to seeing how much better you do at the next race.

Sorry about the ticket mess up. I think that is one of my re-occurring nightmares. I bet you never make that mistake again. We always learn better from our mistakes and it's ok to make them.

Thank you! I'm definitely considering this race my learning curve and hope to do several things differently next time around.

Alex and I will ALWAYS look at our tickets before starting a trip from now on.

That ticket thing is a bummer ... I probably would have gone to the nearest ticket counter and tried to add a day to my ticket. Your way is probably more fiscally responsible.
I'm glad you got your burger!

We seriously considered it. DLP offered a military ticket that was about 75 Euros (I think), but ultimately we couldn't justify spending almost 300 dollars on a few hours in the park. We wanted to...man did we, but practicality won out somehow.

Ugh, that totally stinks about your last ticket day. At least the crappy weather meant you only missed a soggy park day, though.

Great report! Thanks for bringing us along on your travels.

What a shame you weren't couldn't get back into the Disneyland Park. But at least the marathon was behind you and again I'm so proud of you for taking part as well as overcoming your ordeal in the process. Thank you for giving me a fun trip report to read.

Ugh, that totally stinks about your last ticket day. At least the crappy weather meant you only missed a soggy park day, though.

Great report! Thanks for bringing us along on your travels.

When we visit WDW, my husband and I either have annual passes or the 4 day military tickets so I'm always aware of how many days we have available. And every other trip we have taken to Disneyland Paris, we have booked a package and the number of tickets matches the number of days at your resort. Therefore, it never even crossed my mind we were out of tickets! Rest assured I won't be making that mistake ever again.

What a shame you weren't couldn't get back into the Disneyland Park. But at least the marathon was behind you and again I'm so proud of you for taking part as well as overcoming your ordeal in the process. Thank you for giving me a fun trip report to read.

Thanks for reading and following along! I was disappointed I couldn't get a photo of my medal in front of the castle, but it was a good lesson to remember to read how many tickets I bought!

Then, in miracle Disney storybook fashion an amazing runner saved my day. This guy was standing behind the barriers, medals from the half marathon, 31K Challenge and 36K Challenge around his neck. He had obviously finished his run and was headed back to his room at Santa Fe, but before he went to shower and change he decided to stand on the sidelines and support his fellow runners.

I saw him standing there, clapping us along, then heard him go, “Just a little bit farther guys. You’re almost there. Really, you’ve made it past the worst of it. Push through a little bit longer. Hang in there!”

Oh wow, I think someone is cutting onions in my house. :sad:

0068-jpg.394243

That's so incredibly cool! I love how into it the kids were!

And suddenly tasked with the job of telling Landon we wouldn’t be eating lunch at the Lucky Nugget nor riding coasters with his friends.

As you can imagine…he took that well.

OH. NO. !!!!!! I can only imagine that this would have gone exactly the same way with our kids!!!

Sounds like it was certainly a fun and whirlwind trip! Thank you for sharing!

BUmmer about your last park day tix not being valid but sounds like it worked out for the best. Have fun on your DW trip. Thanks for taking the time to share. I enjoy reading about Landon and Evie and love seeing their pics (watching them grow). Their so adorable.

That's so incredibly cool! I love how into it the kids were!
Sounds like it was certainly a fun and whirlwind trip! Thank you for sharing!

I imagine the kids got a kick out of seeing everyone's costumes. Thanks for reading!

BUmmer about your last park day tix not being valid but sounds like it worked out for the best. Have fun on your DW trip. Thanks for taking the time to share. I enjoy reading about Landon and Evie and love seeing their pics (watching them grow). Their so adorable.

Thank you for reading and following along! It's fun to remember the trip and relive the Disney magic for a little each time I work on an update.

I"ve actually done that before. 2010 on a girl's trip- I just quickly added a day, but it was cheap cuz we were already at 8 days. Adding a 9th is no big deal, but still.... how could I be so silly!?

Thank you for sharing your wonderful TR! I recently returned from my first trip to DLP, and I had learned so much from your TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!