School Thanksgiving Break Poll

how long is your child’s thanksgiving break?

• The whole week

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Thursday & Friday only

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Wednesday thru friday

Votes: 55 40.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 14.0%

• Total voters
Monday-Wednesday are half days. Off Thursday and Friday.

We used to do Parent/Teacher Conferences on those half days but in the past few years we do conferences during Jersey Week now. My district closes Election Day and the Thursday and Friday of Jersey week. Monday and Wednesday are half days with conferences after school.

My district gave up several years ago: so many kids were absent on Mon & Tues, they just gave the whole week off.

Thursday and Friday. Once in awhile they also get Wednesday off, never a full week. When they were in elementary school they had half days on Monday and Tuesday for parent/teacher conferences.

Mine were supposed to be off all week, but they have hurricane make-up days on Monday and Tuesday.

My kids break (they are 26 and 30) was just Thursday and Friday, as was mine. They were in private school, I was in public school.

Public schools here now take the whole week off.

They also now take off all of President's day week. My kids only got Monday off. When I was a kid we got February 22nd off, or the Friday or Monday closest to the 22nd if it was a Saturday or Sunday. That was before the "Monday" holiday law went into effect.

Both kids in college. My son only has classes on Tues and Thurs. so he is off on Thurs. My daughter gets off Wed, Thur, Fri. She'll go back to school on Sunday.

I am a teacher with 2 college kids.
My break: Wed - Sun
DS20's break: Wed - Sun
DD18's break: Mon - Sun (Since she gets the whole week and she doesn't have classes on Fridays, she came home yesterday. 10 whole days!!!)

We get the entire week. Thankfully went won’t have any Harvey make up days because the Texas Education Agency waived the missed days for our district. My children are actually getting two weeks off because my DD 9 is Performing with her dance studio at Disney Springs the week after Thanksgiving.

Thursday and Friday is the norm. I work for a private school so we are getting a half day Wednesday.

We are mostly taking the whole week off, no main subjects, just spending time doing crafts and reading about the pilgrims, and coloring. But we homeschool, so we make those decisions as they fit into our schedule.

Break used to be Wednesday through Friday only but so many kids were missing the whole week it was changed to being off the whole week a few years ago.

mine was Thursday & Friday, my DS's was Thursday & Friday, now my DGDs are both Thursday & Friday.

My son who I saw in High School gets the whole week off. My son at University gets Wednesday-Friday.

Kids off Wed-Fri. Optional teacher workday Wed and I had wanted to take it off, but I have way too much work to do, so I will go in at least 1/2 day, (which counts as a whole day on optional teacher workdays.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!