Sci-Fi Cafe

eeyore kelly

<font color=purple>I hate thinking I can sleep unt
Please excuse me if this has been discussed to death. What do you think of it. Is it worth the prices, and is the food as bad as some say it is? What do you order there? Thanks!

Our family just went there last week on our first WDW vacation. Our three kids really liked it (9, 7 & 3), however, I thought it was a little boring after a while. We had such a fun time at 50's Prime Time (and the kids too) that it just seemed that this place was a bit of a let down. It was nice to see this place after reading sooooo much about it. I had the CHicken Ceasar salad and it was very good, and everyone else liked what they had too (but I can't remember what they ordered), but it was kind of hard to read the menu in this place. If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to try and answer them.

I believe it is worth the price. Go for the experience. The atmosphere is incredible. The food is typical Disney food. My only complaint would have to be the wait. The last time we were there, we had a PS time of 12:15. We were seated at 12:50!

I definately think this place is worth it. We make a point to go every trip as it is something that you don't find everywhere.

I look at it this way, there are not very many great places to eat at MGM anyway. We did the 50's and my family was not into that type of thing ( we are all very quiet and to ourselves).

We have had the burgers and a few of the sandwich selections there from the lunch menu and have never had a "bad" meal. It is nice and cool and the service has always been good. My kids love it there.....the first time we took them it was sort of funny as the whole drive-in movie concept them was new.

It is the only restaurant that my 6 yo talks about.

I go to Sci-Fi in the afternoon for a snack only. I've tried several items on their menu, but nothing has turned out very good. The atmosphere, however, is fun!

We like it. But my suggestion is to go to lunch. We have only done lunch here. The hamburger and fries are good and the milkshakes are awesome. The kids really enjoy it.

I LOVE this restaurant--fantastic theming :)

Next time we go though I'm putting it on our list but as a snack. BUY THE SOUVIE CUPS, and the glow-in-the-dark ice cubes are a big hit as well! Place IS costly for just burgers and fries.

If you have little ones make sure you keep an extra eye on them here. This was the ONLY bout of Disney terror we encountered during our eight-day stay. I had lost my autistic child there for about ten minute while we were waiting for it to open. I was an emotional wreck during the meal, but somehow enjoyed it all the same.

He wandered back to me (and I got my ONLY volunteered hug from him ever) right when security showed up.

We went there for lunch a couple of years back. We had burgers and onion rings. Better that some of the burgers you get at fast food places, but we thouht the restaurant itself was a hoot, sitting cars, watching SciFi clips. It wourth trying it once.

This is one of our "must do's" every time we go. We always do lunch...burgers, fries, and a shake. We have never been disappointed. Our kids really enjoyed sitting in the car.::MinnieMo

The food is definitely nothing to write home about. I would rate it as "all right" at best, and it is very costly for what you get. We made the mistake of going for dinner and were charged $12 for a cheeseburger.

However, that being said this is the restaurant that my DS (10) still talks about. He absolutely loved the glow cubes and it was the quietest meal the whole time we were there.

I would go if you've never been there for lunch or better yet for a snack, the desserts looked wonderful.

Thank you all so much for replying. You can read all the books and resturant reviews, but real experiences hold a lot of water with me. We will plan on lunch at Sci-Fi on our MGM day.

My 2 teenage sons love the place. Of course all they want is burgers and shakes. So we hit the place once every trip. That said I'm not real crazy about the food, even the burgers. They were horrible but they also werent the best or anywhere near it.
But we try to do something for everyone so they sit through the character meals and endure me taking pics of them with characters and in return we eat some places they like too.
I do think the atmosphere there is very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter