scooter rental question

blemon

Mouseketeer
On Saturday the park opens at 8 so we plan to get there before that.

Is the scooter rental place open then?

Also, on Sunday, the park opens at 9 but we have BOG ADRs at 8:10.

Do you know if my mom can rent her scooter before then?

She can walk but has severe back pain and can't be on her feet all day or walk more than 1/2 mile. We are going with a scooter for peace of mind. I don't want her in pain as that's not enjoyable.

We are staying off property. Some days we'll be getting uber/taxi to the parks, some days getting a ride so I don't see an option of renting from a different company.

ECV rentals are available as early as the first guestd sreballiwed into the park. So that includes PPO dining and any other entry. MK allows guests onto Main Street before official opening, so the rentals are open early. Which park on Saturday?

Enjoy your vacation!

ECV rentals are available as early as the first guestd sreballiwed into the park. So that includes PPO dining and any other entry. MK allows guests onto Main Street before official opening, so the rentals are open early. Which park on Saturday?

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks so much!

Yes, this is Magic Kingdom. We are going to Epcot on Friday and just not as worried about the rush. We go to Soarin' first and hope it won't take too long to rent the scooter there.

Iknow you said you did not want to rent off-site, but most ECV can be taken apart and put back together so they should fit in the back of a car. You can look up a youtube video of them and see if you think it is something that you could do. ( my friend has an ECV and it takes us about 5 minutes to do hers). Just a thought as it would be much more cheaper

Iknow you said you did not want to rent off-site, but most ECV can be taken apart and put back together so they should fit in the back of a car. You can look up a youtube video of them and see if you think it is something that you could do. ( my friend has an ECV and it takes us about 5 minutes to do hers). Just a thought as it would be much more cheaper
That's good to know! Then we'll have it and not have to lose precious time in the mornings.

We are planning on going to the Animal Kingdom, but probably won't be getting there until 10 or 11 am. This will be Saturday May 12t. Are the scooters likely to be rented out by then? I would prefer to rent on property as we need two of them and I am not sure I will have room in the car for both. Not to mention we don't have a handicapped tag, so will be taking the parking lot tram.

When I rented at Animal Kingdom, it was close to noon by the time I got there and there were PLENTY. It was inside the gate on the right. I remember one thing (at least a couple years ago) was that the CM told me that the horns had been deactivated because the animals got upset (funny because half the people I'd honked at never heard me). So be prepared to yell "BEEP".

We are planning on going to the Animal Kingdom, but probably won't be getting there until 10 or 11 am. This will be Saturday May 12t. Are the scooters likely to be rented out by then? I would prefer to rent on property as we need two of them and I am not sure I will have room in the car for both. Not to mention we don't have a handicapped tag, so will be taking the parking lot tram.
From what I understand, they have parking for that. I've never used it, but it is for those that might have a wheelchair or scooter but not a handicap plate.

When I rented at Animal Kingdom, it was close to noon by the time I got there and there were PLENTY. It was inside the gate on the right. I remember one thing (at least a couple years ago) was that the CM told me that the horns had been deactivated because the animals got upset (funny because half the people I'd honked at never heard me). So be prepared to yell "BEEP".
Oh, please don't yell "beep."

It really gives us scooter users a bad name. If they can hear you yell "beep," they can hear you say "excuse me."

They have medical over flow for people like you that have scooters but do not have a handicap tag my friend uses it every time we go down it is right behind the handicap parking so close enough

Is there any discount for renting an ECV at the Parks for multiple days. Asking for someone who would rather not rent from an outside company as they will be unable to get an ECV onto the busses and feel uncomfortable taking up multiple seats on the bus. They feel they are able to walk from bus area to rental location although walking longer distances through a park would be impossible.

Is there any discount for renting an ECV at the Parks for multiple days. Asking for someone who would rather not rent from an outside company as they will be unable to get an ECV onto the busses and feel uncomfortable taking up multiple seats on the bus. They feel they are able to walk from bus area to rental location although walking longer distances through a park would be impossible.
No. There are no discounts for multiple days. Those are only done through the outside companies. If they are afraid of parking the ECV on the bus they shouldn't be. I was extremely worried during my last trip. However, the bus drivers are very, very helpful. If they feel like they can't park it, then all they need to do is tell the driver.

As for taking up multiple seats on the bus, we solved this problem by having my sons stand when we thought the buses would be crowded. That solved that issue. Even though you shouldn't a few of the bus drivers gave me a seat belt when I was on the ECV and let me ride in the seat. So it did take up one less seat.

They have medical over flow for people like you that have scooters but do not have a handicap tag my friend uses it every time we go down it is right behind the handicap parking so close enough

Oh, that would work assuming I can get a vehicle large enough to carry 5 people and two scooters. Thank you!

@CatNipRules has it right - to take advantage of any multi-day discount you will have to rent from an outside vendor.

If there is anyone else in the traveling party who can help park the ECV on the bus, that is totally permitted. The user does not have to be the person who drives it on/off the bus. As @CatNipRules stated, the bus drivers are extremely helpful - just let them know that you (or the user) has never driven on to the bus before, and they will be glad to assist as much as they can.

As far as taking up "extra seats" goes, WDW plans for this, and the bus drivers are prepared as well. Suffice it to say, this happens *thousands* of times daily at WDW, where a mobility device is parked on a Disney bus, and the user then moves to a seat (for safety purposes).

Depending on the time of day, the ECV user may also be happy just to have a place to sit while waiting for a bus - especially at park closing time, the wait for a bus may be longer than the user can comfortably stand.

Depending on which Resort you stay at, the person who intends to use the ECV may actually be glad to have it at the Resort. Some of the Resort Hotel grounds are HUGE, and just getting from the bus stop to your room can leave some folks exhausted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts