Screwdriver for Magic band puck on Apple watch?

seamama71

Mouseketeer
I'm interested in wearing my magic band puck on my Apple watch band - i found the puck holders for this (etsy) , but i'm unclear about how well they stay in. 1 - do the pucks still require a screwdriver to remove them from the original Disney bands?
2 - Has anyone tried the puck holder with the mickey shape cut out of the middle vs the holder with a wide square-ish perimeter? Neither seem to have/require screws. Is this a difference in magic bands vs. magic band "2"s?
(I'll be getting new magic bands soon for our upcoming trip)

TIA!

I bought a Magic Keeper from Disney. It came with a screwdriver. You have to use the screwdriver to remove the puck from the Magic Band. It also came with extra screws.

I have not tried any other puck holder. I don't know how the puck would stay in without screws.

The Magic Band 2 is the version with the removable puck. The Magic Band 1 did not have a removable puck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter