Scuba Aulani

TinyTGO

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience scuba diving at or around Aulani? Is there a best time of year to go? Do you go through the resort or with a different company on the island? Any input or experiences would be great... photos to if you happen to have any.

I am following this one. We are looking to do Aulani in 2018 and would definitely want to get at least one day of diving in!

Unfortunately, there's not much to follow. I was doing a little research though. It looks like there are a couple dive shops off resort that look pretty nice and offer 3 tank boat dives. That said, I have no experience on the island. I'm just going off of websites and reviews. I'm always skeptical about going diving through a resort because you run the risk of getting clumped together with either a large group, or a group of poor divers. In either case, you end up with limited short dives and sand bars. I would love to hear about anyone's experience though, good or bad. Photos too!!! I got a GoPro a year ago, and I think it's the coolest thing ever to dive with.

We were in Hawaii two years ago this month. I did a lot of research before we decided on what island and we ended up on the big island. Go to scubaboards.com and undercurrent.org and look around there and you should get an answer. We have been diving all over the Carribbean and Paulau and Hawaii was by far the worst place we've ever been. We knew that going in but I wanted to see some manta reys.

I know this thread it old, but here's my review of diving from Aulani for people who search in the future -

Diving at Aulani -

Just wanted to report back to the group that we had a pretty good experience with Underwater Oahu dive shop this week with 3 days of diving. They were a relatively unknown shop, but there aren't a lot of options and I knew I didn't want to dive with Hawaiian Nautical so we took the chance.

We did 6 dives - all unique sites. 3 wrecks, 3 reefs. Small groups - 5-6 dives and no beginners. Tanks were full. We brought our own gear, but the rental gear we saw looked to be newer and no divers had gear issue. They kept our gear between dives so we didn't have to lug it back and forth. One great dive master and one that we didn't feel was up to our standard, but we had 2 great sites that day so really it was fine day anyway.

Meeting time is 8:00 am about 25 minutes north of the resort. Two days we were back on the resort between 2-3 pm (including stopping for lunch on the way home) and once between 1-2 pm because our dive sites were closer to the harbor.

Prices were very reasonable for Hawaii at $109 for 2 tanks. Don't miss Aloha Poke on the way home for great poke bowls under $10!

Does anybody have any experience on the other islands? Oahu is already packed with activities for us. I'm afraid my boyfriend is a beginner, you just finished his advanced this weekend, only did Open Water earlier this year.
Ever considered a manta ray night dive? It's very easy for a new person. You just sit on the ocean floor. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter