SDD at HS - which would you do?

JennP78

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Just planned a last minute trip for 10/13 weekend and I wasn't able to get FP for SDD. We're planning on either:

RDing the EMH in the morning on 10/14

Or

Getting in line right before closing and hoping for a short wait.

We really aren't morning people, but we can push through if it's best. What time do you think we'd have to get there for 8 am (EMH)? Is 7:30 early enough?

My FPs for other rides are from 3-6 ish, so if we did RD we would leave and come back. If not, I might add the hopper and RD something else, then go later. Or sleep in a little and do the pool which my son loves.

Staying at All star sports.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Just planned a last minute trip for 10/13 weekend and I wasn't able to get FP for SDD. We're planning on either:

RDing the EMH in the morning on 10/14

Or

Getting in line right before closing and hoping for a short wait.

We really aren't morning people, but we can push through if it's best. What time do you think we'd have to get there for 8 am (EMH)? Is 7:30 early enough?

My FPs for other rides are from 3-6 ish, so if we did RD we would leave and come back. If not, I might add the hopper and RD something else, then go later. Or sleep in a little and do the pool which my son loves.

Staying at All star sports.

Thanks!

I would get in line close to closing. The land is awesome at night and the sun will be down.

The only consideration is that if you plan to ride right before close, and the ride is down for weather or other reasons, are you going to be ok not riding it? This happened to us with Test Track at EPCOT, and it was our last night, and it was 2 years before we got back and finally got to ride it! So just something to consider, and it is something that is out of your control if it happens. If you have another day later in the trip to try for it again if it is down, then riding at the end of the night can be a good strategy. Also, keep trying for FP on the day-of!!

I rode it with FP+ at 6:30, then standby at the end of my day at HS. Got in line at 8:23 with 8:30 park close. Only waited about 20 minutes. The bonus is at park close v RD you get to ride when it’s dark which was fun.

I don't mind being there first thing in the AM, but I think this is a ride I would like to try to do at night if possible.

Hi there, just returned 2days ago following a 10 day trip. We did EMH one mrng bc no fp’s available and were able to ride twice along w/ Alien Saucer Spin, and Toy Story Mania. We had a super successful mrng and would absolutely do again. To compare, we ended up park hopping over one evening right b4 park closing and entererd line at 815 and rode close to 845. I would need to look at memory maker to b exact, but husband and I both agree we waited somewhere close to 30 mts. I would suggest EMH to conquer rides w/out chaos of crowds and take in everything Toy Story Land has to offer then, plan to visit late one evening to see it lit up at night. They did a great job!

Last edited:

If you are not morning people, I would try for the evening. If the line is longer, doesn't really matter as you couldn't do anything else there.
Have not ridden it yet, but the photos during the day look good, the photos and video at night look amazing!

I would do it close to closing! Im the same and not a morning person at all. We did this on our trip in July because even though we FP'd it during the day I wanted to also ride it at night! We waited about 45 minutes but we got in line at 10 for a 10:30 closing. The line definitely moved MUCH faster after the line officially closed and there were no more FP people!

Another vote for night. Rides are more enjoyable at night.

also keep trying refresh on MDE. A couple of weeks ago, I got SDD for two for 6pm when I was messing with the app around 3pm. I was so surprised, you never know. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter