Sea World Dining

joanne1968

Mouseketeer
Does anybody want to share their views on dining at Sea World? I can't find any information about what is served there. I seem to remember we did not find it easy to find something suitable at the Orlando park.

Also it doesn't look like it is possible for us to do breakfast with Shamu at Easter (dates only going up to 17th March) does anyone else have any ideas for something special to do for Easter Sunday?

Great thread! I have been wondering about the exact same thing since we will also be in San Diego Easter Sunday.

2 weeks, from the 6-20. However we´ll also be spending 3 days in Vegas in between. How about you?

We will be there from the 5th to the 22nd we are dividing our time between Anaheir, Carlsbad, San Diego then finishing at Knotts Berry Resort

Make reservations for Easter Brunch at the Hotel Del Coronado or for the Marketplace at the Loews Coronado. The egg hunts in Coronado are typically held the week before Easter. If not Coronado then you can head up to Carlsbad to the Four Season Aviara and have brunch there. There are so many nice places in San Diego to have dinner or breakfast but those would be my choices for Easter Brunch if I were from out of town.

We ate here:
http://4adventure.com/seaworld/ca/dp_calypsobaysmokehouse.aspx

Calypso Bay Smokehouse.
We got there at 10:33, they open at 11:00, but didn't really open the doors until 11:07 or so.

With the meals you get fries, a bun, and mushy corn on the cob.
It was by far our worst tasting meal, yet it was one of the most expensive!

Here is our bill:
Jello 2.99
Kids Chicken meal 5.99
Kids hotdog meal 5.99
2 kids cokes 3.98
2 adult cokes 5.38
1/2 BBQ rib platter 11.49
Chicken tenders 7.99
side salad 2.99

Total $50.43 with tax

The servings were not a bad size, but of course, don't look anything like the pictures!! And lots of birds around trying to get your food!!

That was just our experience. :)

We were at Seaworld last November. We ate at the shipwreck place and didn't care for it...expensive, slow, and the food wasn't even up to Denny's standards. We checked out the other restaurants and they didn't look any better...we wouldn't eat in the park again, would probably try to eat a big breakfast before going to the park, then maybe a snack to tide us over until we left.

Wide awake. Sea World is def.not known for the food. I have been to all the restaurants and the two I mentioned are def. the best, but not GREAT food. I usually stick with the salads or chicken fingers in the park.

We did the breakfast with Shamu in Sep and actually enjoyed it. They had your basic, sausage, bacon, potatoes, pastries,ham?. They also had this egg thing that was really good. We enjoyed our breakfast and will probably do it again the next time we go to SeaWorld. I do agree with other poster that the restaurants in the park are mediocre and quite expensive for lunch. There was this brownie/chocolate funnel cake thing as well as an apple funnel cake that was so decadent. Both times we went we had to order these.

I had lunch at the Shipwreck restaurant in Sea World a couple of weeks ago. Very expensive and mediocre food. The only plus was that it was fun to watch the people on the Shipwreck Rapids ride go swirling past.

An outstanding, but expensive, brunch can be had at Lael's at the Hyatt Regency/Manchester in downtown. I have eaten there many times, but unfortunately did not make it this past trip.

Have fun.

My daughter is not a big eater, but has a paranoia about missing meals, so there is no way she would have a big breakfast and then forget about lunch, or even have a late lunch. I like the sound of sitting next to the rapids and watching, I think that may be our best option.

Thank you

victorandbellasmom - can you tell me more about b'fast with Shamu? I think DNeph(8) would love that! Does it start before the park opens or not until? Do you have any actual interaction with Shamu or the trainers, or do you just eat near the tanks? TIA!

We did the lunch with Shamu last August and loved it. They had a wide variety of foods and desserts. The trainer talks for a while and then does a Q & A session and one of the whales swims around then travels around the edge so each table gets a good view of the whale. The best seats are at the slide out, that is a small platform where the whale slides out of the water and poses.

bjakmom said:
Does it start before the park opens or not until? Do you have any actual interaction with Shamu or the trainers, or do you just eat near the tanks? TIA!

We went in off the season where the park didn'r open 'til 10 am. So our breakfast was before the park actually opened. I believe it was at 8:30 or 8:45, so the only people in the park are employees and those having breakfast with Shamu. Because it was so early there was no one manning the parking booths so we got to park for free, yeah. It was pretty much what lie Pieces said. There are a wide variety of foods and dirnks. The whales are swimming right next to you and are free to wander through the the different anks tanks. A trainer talk about the whales and then there wander through teh tables asnwering questions on PA system. At the end of our meal, the whales where at the slide out place pieces was talking about, so you caould see the whale up close and personal. My kids enjoyed it and I thought it was decently priced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter