Sea World First Time - Ticketing etc.

SeaDis

DIS Veteran
Hi and thanks for any So Cal help! We have a 10th birthday trip on a busy Saturday.

LMT Club has park tickets $5 off. They also offer dining pass for additional $20.50. Do you think the dining is worth $20 for light breakfast and lunch/snacks only (no dinner)?

If I buy tickets on LMT Club, and then buy upgrades like animal experience or Quick Queue on the Sea World Web site, do you think there will be any issues at the ticket booth?

Is "Up-Close parking" (front six rows) worth extra money? The Park opens at 10 AM and we will be arriving about 10:30 due to morning flight. How are the morning parking lines?

Any other suggestions are welcome-- where to start day if we have Quick Queue, etc. I have read as many threads as I could find, but not too much recent info. Thanks!

Dining plan is $36/adult, $20 kids 9 and under. Would not be worth it for light breakfast and snacks. Worth it only if you'll eat a good sized breakfast, light lunch and good sized dinner.

Instead, purchase 1 or 2 refillable tumblers to share. Get the cheapest one they have. Refills will be free for the entire day and $2 on return visits. Will save quite a a bit if there a full day.

Up Close parking is worth if it coming midday or later on a busy day such as July 4th. 10:30am you should still get fairly close without paying extra. Part is just knowing where to park and not necessarily following the parking people. Turn down rows near gates and see whats there. The upclose parking is fenced off with only 1 way in past a shack where a CM checks you paid for it. We try to park 1 or 2 rows outside this fence but still centered near the front gates. If its really crowded then the upclose may be worth it.

Lines may be long for the new Electric Eel ride. Too new to tell.
Lines are usually short for Journey to Atlantis, 10-15 minutes or less.
Shipwreck Rapids line is long (really long, 1 hour!) only midday on a sunny day. Mornings, evenings and cooler days its usually short 10-15 minutes or less.
Manta coaster is usually not too crowded unless the park is crowded. Then it may reach 30 minutes.
Wild Arctic is usually 5-10 minutes except midday on a busy day when it may reach 20-30 minutes.
Skyride is short line during day. Gets longer in the evening.
Skytower is short mornings and becomes long after dark. People love to see the night skies.

The small kids rides are 5-10 minutes except midday when they can reach 30 minutes.
Shows are never a problem even on crowded day.
Shamu, Dolphins and Pets arrive 20 minutes before show to get a good seat.
Sea lions show actually begins 15 minutes before posted time. There is a pre-show thats fun. Arrive 30-40 minutes before posted time for best seats.

The sea lion show has two versions, a day and a night version. They are different so see them both if going when park is open into the night.

Food at Sea World. I have quite a few food allergies, do you know of any spots that serve rice and chicken? I'm trying to figure out what I might be able to find at the park to eat for lunch. I can't eat wheat or dairy, so packing food will not be easy. Has anyone been able to get somewhat custom food (like plain rice with no added soy sauce). I know Disney is quite good with allergies but I haven't been to SW.

Buy your tickets from Sea World directly.

If you buy online you save $20 for an Any Day ticket and $30 for a weekday ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter