Search issue

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
When I search by user it defaults to posts dated in 2015 rather than most recent posts

When I search by user it defaults to posts dated in 2015 rather than most recent posts

I can’t search any of my old threads. Not even ones from this year. I’m on my phone of it makes any difference.

I just posted on the main Tech Support board, a similar thread. I'm having the same issue as Hopefully -- very recent (this afternoon since the upgrade) or 2015. I know on the last upgrade it took some time for the Search feature to fully function, and I suspect it's the same now as well.

I'm taking a GUESS here, based on past experience....

Search functions, during a migration, often require TIME to re-index the underlying DB. Depending on the DB size? This could require a few DAYS. I think we should wait, and be patient. There is a LOT of legacy data to re-index :(.

Thank you - I couldn’t come up with the term “index!” It took several days last time, which was a complete software migration. I believe this is an upgrade to a newer version, so maybe it won’t take as long... maybe.... hopefully!

Thank you - I couldn’t come up with the term “index!” It took several days last time, which was a complete software migration. I believe this is an upgrade to a newer version, so maybe it won’t take as long... maybe.... hopefully!
Lanejudy - you MIGHT have an Admin selection available that shows Search Index Rebuild progress.
If you do? Take the time from going "live", to now... then extrapolate to 100%. This will give you a rough idea of when the re-index process will be complete :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!