Season of the Force PTR

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
Season of the Force PTR

After our Halloween visit last October, using our new annual passes, I started wondering how to squeeze in another trip to get good use of them. It messes with my head that they’re just sitting there, waiting to be used :rotfl:

The Star Wars season of the force had been advertised and I thought a quick trip in February would be good. Schools here have a short break the first weekend in February so when I got some good flight prices I took the plunge and just booked it :darth::chewy:

I suppose at this point that I need to admit that neither I or DH have ever seen a Star Wars film :laughing: yes, we’re those people, but Lewis our 12 year old is obsessed.

The Cast
Me – Julie – 42
DH – John – 46
DS – Lewis – 12

Eldest DS and DD are both staying at home busy with studies.

Here’s Lewis from our last trip in October

P1060120.jpg

The When

Saturday 4 February – Monday 6 February
For the first time ever we’ll arrive on a Saturday lunchtime and leave mid-morning on Monday. I’m prepared for crowds and the cold weather. Having been many times before we’re going very much with a leisurely head on. No EMH! No early starts! Plenty of stops for hot chocolate and inside rides. I’ll take the cold over queues and really hope we don’t regret arranging a weekend trip.

The Where

We’re staying at the Hotel New York again – I know we should try somewhere else, but with the exception of the DLH there isn’t really anywhere else I’m hankering after. And it’s the next closest to the park so I’m delighted we’re going back there :cheer2:

Plans

Ezyshuttle are booked to shuttle us to and from the magic from CDG Airport. We’ll just have hand luggage so hope to arrive in Disney around 11:30ish just in time for a lovely EOS for lunch.

We plan to eat in Annette’s on our first night if it’s not too busy and are booked into The Steakhouse the following night. We’d booked to eat here in October but cancelled on the day, so really looking forward to this.

Obviously we will focus on the Studios and the Star Wars stuff – if the weather is ok we’ll go for Dreams one night too.

Big Thunder Mountain will most likely be the go to ride for most of the trip and apart from that I’m sure we’ll be seeking plenty of indoor rides/attractions to keep warm. Also so happy that we’ll get to see Dreams for a final time before the changes for the anniversary – I thought I’d never see it again when we were there in October.

Having been in October for the past few years, Lewis is glad he’ll be able to have a go at the Sword in the Stone again now that Maleficent’s Bramble is gone.

I bought some more thermals for us all this week and think we have everything planned apart from our Euros which I'll wait to get nearer the time.
Really looking forward to this and the good news is that it’s less than a month away :sulley:

Been checking out the weather and am so glad I've got thermals for us all! It looks like it's going to be freezing! So I've treated myself to some nice toasty Emu waterproof boots - hopefully they'll do the job.

Caught some pics and videos of the Season of the Force things and it looks fantastic - really looking forward to this.

Really hoping that Saturday and Sunday won't be mega busy - maybe the cold will keep the locals away :scared:

16 days to go :cheer2:

Oooh your trip is this weekend. I bet you're super excited for it. I think Disneyland in Winter makes it look more magical with the frost

Oooh your trip is this weekend. I bet you're super excited for it. I think Disneyland in Winter makes it look more magical with the frost

Oh yes, so excited :cheer2:

Looking at the weather forecast now, it seems to be warming up a bit, but likely to be rainy which isn't ideal. We'll be prepared for all weathers :umbrella:

Got our Euros last week with a better rate than last year, 1.15, and now all I need to do is be patient and pack up our bits on Friday :)

Lewis has been looking at all the Star Wars stuff and staring to get really excited about it and I'm excited that he's still excited to be going to Disneyland Paris :flower1:

4 days to go :jumping1:

Great that your DS is still excited about it. Disney is awesome for all ages. :goodvibes

OMG.......only ONE DAY TO GO...I haven't been on here for a while but shouldn't we all be..........

pixiedust::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:pixiedust:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cheer2::cheer2:
:woohoo:
wishing you a great trip!​

OMG.......only ONE DAY TO GO...I haven't been on here for a while but shouldn't we all be..........

pixiedust::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:pixiedust:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cheer2::cheer2:
:woohoo:
wishing you a great trip!​

Thank you :goodvibes

I realised on Saturday that our EHIC cards had expired. I renewed online and they arrived yesterday thankfully. Very quick service.

So, we are all packed and settling down for an early night as we'll be up around 5am :eek: A good reason to get up early though :cool1:

Really excited now, this time tomorrow we'll hopefully be watching Dreams :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts