Seasonal AP cheaper than park ticket?

klmmom

Earning My Ears
We are a Disney family but would like to try Universal this June. When looking at prices I am right that a seasonal AP is cheaper than a 3 day park to park ticket? When you have a Seasonal AP can you go to both parks in one day? If we aren't going during the black out dates it seem like a no-brainer to get the AP, am I missing something? Seems too good to be true.

Thank you!!

Sometimes they offer some kind of deal on tickets. When we went last year, there was some deal maybe buy 2 days, get 2 free? Anyhow, when they do that, the seasonal passes can be a bit more. Plus you have the blackout dates which apply to a lot of people.

But, yes, otherwise, it seems like a no brainer.

A park to park, 3 day ticket is $315
A Seasonal Pass is $305 (you can park hop)

As long as there are no concerts or other black out dates, the seasonal pass is a better deal.

And yes, with seasonal you can go to both parks in one day. You can also ride the Hogwarts Express between the two parks.

Seasonal pass is usually a great deal.. sometimes the passholder discounts for Universal hotels make it even better.

We're on our second set of Annual Passes. The first time we got the seasonal passes in 2017 and were able to make two trips without hitting the blockout dates. This past Thanksgiving we wanted to see Mannheim Steamroller, so we upgraded to Power Passes to remove those blockout dates. We've got a second trip planned in March, so it really saved quite a bit of money.

All of the Annual Passes give you access to discounted room rates; I think it is usually 20%. We've used the APH discount on all 4 trips.

This year, we upgraded one of the Power Passes to Preferred for $40 to get the discounts at various restaurants and shops. It pretty much paid for itself on the first trip.

What are the concert dates this year? We want to go the first weekend in June, but I don't know if the Saturday would be a concert date.

What are the concert dates this year? We want to go the first weekend in June, but I don't know if the Saturday would be a concert date.
I only see them listed through March. Does anyone know when they list June concert dates?

I only see them listed through March. Does anyone know when they list June concert dates?

I don't believe there are usually free concerts in June. There are the Mardi Gras concerts and the Mannheim Steamroller concerts but I don't believe there are June concerts.

It is only $50 more for my family of 4 to go for Seasonal Passes over 2 day park to park. I feel like buying a Seasonal Pass on the off chance we go again. It doesn’t feel right

We bought 2 day park to park on Undercover Tourist, and then we'll upgrade when we get there. From what I've read here they credit you their ticket price no matter where you buy.

It is only $50 more for my family of 4 to go for Seasonal Passes over 2 day park to park. I feel like buying a Seasonal Pass on the off chance we go again. It doesn’t feel right
Our first time at Universal, we bought Seasonal Passes for this very reason. We loved the parks so much, we booked a second trip. With the APH rate savings at the hotels, the passes easily paid for themselves.

It's been a few years since the Summer Concert Series. They'll use the plaza for the 4th of July celebration, but other than that, there is no concerts in the summer.

OK, just to get some clarification. We plan to go for 2 nights / 3 days over Thanksgiving. Currently on UT we can get the 2-day Park-to-Park ticket (plus 1 day) for $301 each......OR we can get the Season Pass for $305 (Non-FL resident rate). We already booked our rooms at RPR, would I need to call to see if the nights we're staying would qualify for the room discount associated with the Seasonal Pass? And if so would they apply the discount to the room or would I need to cancel and re-book the room? The room is $409/nt so saving 20-30% is no small thing.

One final question, our travel dates are not on the Blockout Dates....but would USO ADD any more Blockout Dates to where we could get burned for our trip if it got blocked out?? Has this happened in the past?

Last edited:
OK, just to get some clarification. We plan to go for 2 nights / 3 days over Thanksgiving. Currently on UT we can get the 2-day Park-to-Park ticket (plus 1 day) for $301 each......OR we can get the Season Pass for $305 (Non-FL resident rate). We already booked our rooms at RPR, would I need to call to see if the nights we're staying would qualify for the room discount associated with the Seasonal Pass? And if so would they apply the discount to the room or would I need to cancel and re-book the room? The room is $409/nt so saving 20-30% is no small thing.

One final question, our travel dates are not on the Blockout Dates....but would USO ADD any more Blockout Dates to where we could get burned for our trip if it got blocked out?? Has this happened in the past?
You can check online about AP rates at the resorts. Universal does not release AP rates very far ahead, probably sometime this summer they will release them. So keep your reservation, and if AP rates come out you can book them then cancel your initial one. When changing from regualr to AP rates I have not been able to apply my deposit to the new booking, had to pay a new deposit then wait a week for the refund to come through. you may not be able to get a 2 night AP rate over Thanksgiving.

Link to check AP rates (just put in your dates) - https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

Seasonal passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios on concert days, and there will likely be Manheim Steamroller concerts on Saturday and Sunday over Thanksgiving. I would advise you get the 3 day tickets on UT, if the AP rates come out and are low enough to warrant it, you can upgrade one to a Power AP once you arrive, to be able to do both parks if you are there on the weekend. If you don't need Sat/Sun, a seasonal pass would do.

You can check online about AP rates at the resorts. Universal does not release AP rates very far ahead, probably sometime this summer they will release them. So keep your reservation, and if AP rates come out you can book them then cancel your initial one. When changing from regualr to AP rates I have not been able to apply my deposit to the new booking, had to pay a new deposit then wait a week for the refund to come through. you may not be able to get a 2 night AP rate over Thanksgiving.

Link to check AP rates (just put in your dates) - https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

Seasonal passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios on concert days, and there will likely be Manheim Steamroller concerts on Saturday and Sunday over Thanksgiving. I would advise you get the 3 day tickets on UT, if the AP rates come out and are low enough to warrant it, you can upgrade one to a Power AP once you arrive, to be able to do both parks if you are there on the weekend. If you don't need Sat/Sun, a seasonal pass would do.

Thanks for that info. I wouldn't think USO would need to offer AP discounts for the Wed/Thur/Fri nights of Thanksgiving which is when we are staying, but thought I would get an idea of how it all works in case we could take advantage of an AP discount if offered.

So if I get a seasonal pass but I stay at an onsite hotel that has an express pass, I still get the express pass right?

So if I get a seasonal pass but I stay at an onsite hotel that has an express pass, I still get the express pass right?

Yes, the EP comes automatically with staying at one of the three hotels that offer it.

I brought 2 day park to park tickets with one free day. We will be there Feb 15-17. So I just saw 15 and 16 are Mardi Gras concert days. Will I be able to upgrade to seasonal pass on the 17? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter