Seat requests at California Grill

BertChimneySweep

Earning My Ears
When I made my PS res. for CG, the CM said I should mention any seating requests when I check in at the kiosk downstairs. I've never eaten at CG so I'm not sure what the seating options are and what I should request. By a window for a view I imagine...
* What are the view options?
* What would you recommend?

Thanks! :drinking1

I'm bumping too. Provided my flight actually takes off given the snow event on the way, we're dining there Sunday night at 5:40 with an intention of seeing Wishes from our table....

PamNC

You check in at the desk on the second floor and that is when you can request your table. Be advised, that almost everyone requests a window table. The dining area is sort of devided in half by the lounge area, with the area by the open kitchen being a little more noisy. There is also, I believe, a "wine room" that is more private and intimate although I did not see this area when we ate here, maybe someone else knows more about this. We requested a window table when we arrived 20min. early for our PS, which was in turn 1 hour before Wishes, and was told that they would do their best for us, (it was our Honeymoon) but after waiting 45 min in the lounge we just took the next available table. There has been lots of problems with "Table Squaters" at this restaurant, (people who sit at a table for hours after their meal sipping coffee just to see Wishes).

They don't play the music for the fireworks anymore. I wasn't by the window, but could still see the park. It was a great meal. You'll enjoy any seat.

Did the same designer do that space as did Palo on the Magic? When I walked in I felt like I was back on the ship/ :D

I think your best bet might be to take whatever they give you and then head out to the outdoor balcony to watch the show. That way you'll be sat in a timely manner and won't have to wait for the "seathogs" to leave.

Unless you get a great seat right up against the window, your view of the fireworks will be so-so to non-existant. We were sat one night along the windows furthest from the MK and had a wonderful meal. We even got to see some of the fireworks from Illuminations (with no music, of course). No matter where you sit, it's a wonderful experience.

Solotraveler :earsboy:

Thanks All! We're eating on the early side and plan to return to the park for Magic. Are there windows facing the other way, I guess in the general direction of WL? What's the view/ambience like on that side if there are?

I think you're wise to eat before Wishes.

My husband likes to request the "wine room" as many of us call it. It is a smaller room that faces South toward EPCOT,etc. Since it is much smaller than the main dining room it tends to be somewhat more quiet. As I recall you can see WL from some of the tables there...I really should know! :earseek: There are also some tables in the main dining room that look that way. But most of the windows face the MK. I imagine most people request a window seat meaning one that faces the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter