Seating on Space Mountain?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
Just wondering since it's been at least 10 years since I did Space Mountain what the seating arrangement is.

My kids (9,6) want to do this but I'm a little leary if it's a single rider seating only. They are very small for their ages so I worry about them falling out if I can't be sitting right next to them and holding on.

TIA,
Kelly

Since the overhaul, The trains on space mountain are two seats per row.

Do they have individual restraints? I don't like the idea of sharing a restraint with my much smaller kids. Doesn't seem safe!

They have individual lap bars. I LOVE Space Mountain at Disneyland--much more than the one at WDW. DL's SM is very fun--great music, smooth fast ride--just a great time. And I am a huge rollercoaster wimp--do not like WDW's SM.
Have a great trip! :sunny:

Space Mtn seats are two per row, and they have individual lap bars

Vexorg said:
Since the overhaul, The trains on space mountain are two seats per row.

Space Mtn has always had two seats per row, and indiviual lapbars.

Rumor has it that WDWs Space Mtn is like our Matterhorn. Our Matterhorn has tandem seating and individual seat belts (literal seat belts).

Yes the WDW SM is tandem seating and very jerky so i won't ride. I'm glad the DL version is better and look forward to trying it this trip.

Sue

While on this subject, here's an interesting bit of trivia that's been brought up here before and what I physically witnessed yesterday. All seating into the carts must be done under ten seconds or the ride will shut down and take about 20 minutes to restart. When the gates open and the other people are leaving, try to get into the seat as quickly as possible to avoid this from happening.

That's why I was confused on the seating! I had a read a thread on the Disney for families board about the seating being individual at WDW. Glad its two person at DL.

Thanks you guys!
Kelly

Tandem or pair seating shouldn't matter for the kids, if they're crazy enough. My 7 years old daughter. Her first ever roller coaster was Space Mountain at WDW this last November. We thought she was going to pee her pants on the first ride. After the ride, she wanted to do it again. Thank god for slow season. The first day we did Space Mountain like 7 times in a row. The whole week at WDW I think she did Space Mountain over 20 times. Every time she wanted me to sit behind her and put my hands on her souulder. Other than that, she's fine :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter