Seaworld Coaster Opinions

Music City Mama

DIS Veteran
We'll be going to SW for one day in late June. I don't want to make myself feel bad by riding anything too intense (motion sickness has gotten worse as I get older).

This is what I can typically handle at WDW and Universal:

WDW - RnR = no issues; Expedition Everest = fine except the backwards part makes me queasy.

Universal- Hulk = a little intense, but I'm okay with it; RRR = no issues; Dragon Challenge = a little too much for me.

I've read about and watched videos for the SW coasters and I think that Mako will be fine. I worry about both Kraken and Manta, though. Of the two, Manta looks more fun to me, but they both look pretty intense and not sure I'd really be able handle either. Thoughts?

Manta is such a cool ride, you are flying under the track. I would give it a go just to experience it. Maybe ride it last thing or right before sitting down for a show, in case it gets to your stomach. And/or better living through chemistry - helpful anti-nausea drugs or the patch.

Manta is awesome but if you get motion sick or disoriented I'd say its much too intense.
The one part that you div face first and go upside down even made me feel a bit weird and I don't normall get motion sick and love intense coasters.

Kraken is a tad bit rough IMO but I'd say you'd probably be fine.

Thanks for your responses.

On one hand, I'm thinking this:

I would give it a go just to experience it.

You're right -- I should just plan it for the end of the day. Or let DH and the kids ride it first and have them tell me if they think I can handle it. Although, they don't really get the motion sickness thing and can't really be trusted for a proper opinion, LOL.

Then, I read the bolded and think no way!

Manta is awesome but if you get motion sick or disoriented I'd say its much too intense.
The one part that you div face first and go upside down even made me feel a bit weird and I don't normall get motion sick and love intense coasters.

Kraken is a tad bit rough IMO but I'd say you'd probably be fine.

Diving face-first doesn't bother me too much, but then going upside down?! Really not sure if I could handle that.

I may be alone here but I thought Mako was the worst of the bunch. I will have to remind myself when I'm there next week.

The manta is very intense, my dh gets motion sick, he said on the manta it is everything flying by on the ground especially the end.

I think you will be fine on Kraken, especially if you are ok with RNR, Hulk & RRR. And Mako is amazing - it's so smooth but still thrilling, I love it. Not sure about Manta - since you're lying down, it's a weird feeling. It doesn't give me motion sickness but it can make me feel slightly weird and is not something I could ride repeatedly. And coasters aside, stay away from the Wild Arctic ride! You can still enter the exhibit to see the animals but the helicopter simulator ride made both my husband and I feel awful. I think it's pretty old and maybe the video isn't synced up with the motion or something? Uggh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter