SeaWorld Hurricane Irma closures

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
SeaWorld will close no later than 5 PM on Saturday Sep 9.
SeaWorld will be closed Sunday and Monday, Sep 10 and Sep 11

Discovery Cove will close no later than 5 PM on Saturday Sep 9.
Discovery Cove will be closed Sunday and Monday, Sep 10 and Sep 11

Aquatica will be closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday Sep 9 to Sep 11

Busch Gardens will close no later than 5 PM on Saturday Sep 9.
Busch Gardens will be closed Sunday and Monday, Sep 10 and Sep 11

Adventure Island will be closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday Sep 9 to Sep 11

The official statement from their website -

To ensure the safety of our guests, ambassadors and animals during the expected impact from Hurricane Irma, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island will be adjusting schedules as follows:

SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay are currently planning to close by 5 pm ET on Saturday, Sept. 9, pending further updates as we monitor the storm. Both parks will remain closed on Sunday, Sept. 10 and Monday, Sept. 11. Aquatica Orlando and Adventure Island will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 9, through Monday, Sept. 11. Discovery Cove will be closed on Sunday, Sept. 10 and Monday, Sept. 11.

We have comprehensive weather preparedness plans, and security and zoological staff will remain on property in secure locations as we monitor the storm. We’re also providing support and temporary housing for animals from other zoological facilities in coastal areas expected to have greater impact. Guests are encouraged to check our websites and follow our social media channels for more updates.

The storm is passing through now. It is expected to get worse until 2 Monday morning and then it should be past. As I hear of any damage at any of the 3 parks I will update this thread.

Thank you FLOIR

I'm sure many that plan on doing those parks will appreciate knowing in advance!

For all those that have their hearts set on doing sea world , aquatics, dicocer cove and Busch Garden,it wound be very nice of you to share your thoughts

SeaWorld is remaining closed tomorrow (Tues 9/12) and is planning on reopening on Wed

For all those that have their hearts set on doing sea world , aquatics, dicocer cove and Busch Garden,it wound be very nice of you to share your thoughts

Thoughts about what

Thoughts of going back to the parks

I have friends that have put sw on hold until it reopens

Hopefully they will schedule their plans for Wednesday

Aquatica and SeaWorld currently plan on reopening on Wednesday Sep 13

Discovery Cove is announcing that - "Discovery Cove will determine a reopening date as the week progresses."

Please note that all pictures are from the parking lot area - the park is not open to guests today

The parking lot is slightly flooded -

30 percent IMAG0204.jpg

30 percent IMAG0205.jpg

There is a tree down near the arrivals area -

30 percent IMAG0206.jpg

and around the employee parking lot there is another tree down -

30 percent IMAG0207.jpg

I did not notice any structural damage inside the park (but obviously from the parking lot I only had limited visibility to things inside the park) and did not see any specific damage to anything else. There are a lot of trees and limbs down along Sea Harbor Drive, which is the road the parking lot is along. I have not had a chance to go along Central Florida or International to see what dame, if any, is along there.

I was able to see Manta doing test runs. I was on the road so too far away to see if anyone was riding but the cars were definitely cycling.

According to the website -

SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay are scheduled to reopen on Wednesday, September 13, 2017. Guests are encouraged to check our websites and follow our social media channels for full operating schedules and additional information.

We expect Discovery Cove to reopen on Friday, September 15. The park will remain closed through Thursday, September 14 to allow for additional clean-up from Hurricane Irma. Guests holding reservations to Discovery Cove can get additional information at:
DCO-guestrelations@discoverycove.com, DiscoveryCove.com or by calling: 407-513-4600

Adventure Island is currently operating on a weekends only schedule, and we will determine a reopening date as the week progresses.

Last update to this, I was able to go to the park today. There is no noticeable damage on any buildings or major structures, other than some trim off here and there. Most of the trees appear to have been cleaned up, although there are some limbs laying back off the path. There are some trees that are noticeably leaning one way, and also some light poles and signs that are leaning. Other than that it looks like it is completely cleaned up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!