Seaworld Ride Opening Time vs Park Opening Times?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Are the actual ride opening times different from the park opening times at SeaWorld Orlando? I was reading an old thread from a few years ago and it said that the park opened at 9 but rides didn't open until 10!

Yes...even at the peak holiday time they stagger the ride openings. Some open with the park... others are later.

Usually Manta is open at park open, and then generally Kraken and/or Journey To Atlantis are also open. There is a rope blocking traffic right outside Spice Mill so nothing beyond that is open, which includes Mako (it was open with park open when Mako first opened). The bridge over the lake to Shamu Stadium is also closed, so nothing over there is open.

Yikes...rides not being open at park opening did not occur to me. I was kind of planning on hitting the rides before the shows started.

Usually Manta is open at park open, and then generally Kraken and/or Journey To Atlantis are also open. There is a rope blocking traffic right outside Spice Mill so nothing beyond that is open, which includes Mako (it was open with park open when Mako first opened). The bridge over the lake to Shamu Stadium is also closed, so nothing over there is open.

Thanks! Does the whole park usually open within the first hour? We plan on visiting on a Sunday with hours 9-6 and Monday hours 10-6.

Thanks! Does the whole park usually open within the first hour? We plan on visiting on a Sunday with hours 9-6 and Monday hours 10-6.

No. The park is staggered. The left side (minus shows) typically opens at park opening. So Kraken, Manta, and Journey to Atlantis will be running at opening. The right side usually opens an hour later (which is Mako and Wild Arctic). When the new ride opens, they may open Mako and the new ride (Infinity Falls) at open, but that won't be known until later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!