seaworld/san deago zoo

paulh

<font color=blue>likes to have a beer<br><font col
ok we will be of fat the end of may for a 2 week visit to california, 3 nights disneys pardise pier,4 nights vegas the hotel at mandalay bay, 3 nights knotts berry farm resort hotel,3 nights disneyland hotel and last night at airport hotel for an early flight .We have the city pass and were planing on the folowing 1st and last days are mainly spent traveling as from uk it will be late afternoon when we get in or meore likley evening.On our 1st disney stay we will do a disney park and universal.when we get back from vegas as at knotts berry the package includes both there water park and theme park.But we think this the best time to go to seaworld/san deago zoo.when we are at disneyland hotel we plan on using last 2 days of pass there.Is seaworld/san deago zoo worth the trip?
Paulh

yes it is. the zoo is very cool and so is seaworld. im not sure is seaworld will be open for nights yet but i know the zoo wont be. opening for the zoo is at 9 and close is at 7 so get there early to avoid crowds. you're going to want a full day there to see everything.

Are you aware that Seaworld/San Diego is approximately a 2 hour drive, each way, from Knott's? It would be easier if you could fit an overnight in San Diego into your plans. Are you a big gambler? If not, 4 nights in Las Vegas will probably be too much. Just my 2 cents

I saw on the tv that SW redid their Shamu show. Did they do it at all the parks or just Orlando?

The tv ads here for San Diego talk about a new Shamu show. I haven't seen it so I can't give you any more info.

I don't think the new Shamu show is supposed to start until very very late May or early June. I am going to be there Saturday and am not counting on it being open. (A local news report shattered my hopes & dreams the other day :( ) If it is showing, then we get a bonus and I will post it here.

We did Sea World and San Diego Zoo in August and weren't very impressed by the zoo. Mostly because we can see alot of the same animals at home without the major hills at the SDZ. If you have never been, I do recommend both, but the once at the zoo is plenty for us.

The new Shamu show has started. I was there last month and saw it. It looked like they weren't quite finished with the set, though, and maybe they're planning on adding to the show (I hope so, because it was the shortest show in the park).

Are you sure about the show starting now?? :confused3 I read on the SW web site that the new show,"Believe starts in June. I will be there on Sat-Mon. That would be cool if they are doing "soft openings". :thumbsup2 The weather will be chilly--bring a sweater : :hippie:

The Zoo and Sea world are about a 2 hours drive from DL if I remember correctly, which that is the only bad thing(Traffic). We planned a DL trip with a few days in San Diego, I think it will be worth it. Just get to the Zoo early in the morning or the animals hide from the heat.

Could be the show I saw was not the final version. It was quite short and they looked to be still working on the set. It was very different from the previous show, though. Oh, well, I have the fun card, so I'll be going back anyway at some point. When I do, I'll compare them.

Any advice about times etc for Seaworld in August. Need to drive from Anaheim and back in the same day. Would like to see as much as possible.

Thanks,

Jack pirate:

We just returned from a trip to DL. We rented a car and drove to Seaworld from Hojo's on Saturday. Our travel time was about an hour and a half each way. Seaworld is totally worth a visit! My family all enjoyed it (husband and two boys 7 & 12.) We all decided we would go back to Seaworld on our next trip to DL. Last year we did the zoo. I probably enjoyed it the more than the rest of my family did, but we all preferred Seaworld to the zoo.

We did the city pass last JUne and we ended up last minute Getting a Cheap place on Hotel Circle or something like that very cheap.We drove down early morning hit the ZOO then that night we went to I think Mission beach area with the rides and stuff.Then Seaworld that next day .

It was very nice.I've been to both SW's and they are alike but not the same .The had a Cirque type show on the water of the bay that was so neat.

When you do the ZOO do the bus ride right away it will also give you an Idea of how much and where you want to walk.

What about the wildlife park as compared to the zoo?? they are two seperate attractions...correct? do you need a day for each? We have to do the zoo because my girls want to see the panda's. But I need to find out how much time we need in SD to see the 'must see' sights.

thanks!

Yes, the zoo and the Wild Animal Park are separate attractions (in different parts of SD county). Each requires a full day. I love both. The WAP has animals in a more natural setting. You won't see the same number of species, but you'll see more of each species there (for the most part) and see many different animals interacting with eachother more like you would in the wild. Also, at WAP, you have the opportunity to feed lorikeets and giraffes (though the giraffes aren't always hungry when you get over there).

so if im only spending 3 or 4 days in SD....what should be my must see..

SW, ZOO, WAP.....?? and what else...sight seeing? etc etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter