Seaworld trip Report

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Seaworld is awesome! What a nice, refreshing break after a day at MK with the crazy crowds. We spent two days at Sea World. Day 1 we saw penguins, went on Atlantis twice, saw the Orca show and dolphin show (amazing, and really like the new Orca show). Also, saw manatees. Had lunch at the BBQ place, which was expensive but really good!
2nd day did the 45 minute dolphin educational tour and touch/feed dolphin experience. This was worth every penny. I think it was better than the swim with the dolphin experience at DC because you get a lot more interaction with the dolphins. The staff were knowledgeable and really gave us their time with questions. They took the large group and then divided us into smaller groups of 5 with a trainer. The whole time pictures were taken. With the package you get 1 printed picture and DD got a stuffed dolphin. The photo package at Sea World is less than half the cost of photos at Disney, and so worth it. We also saw Pets Ahoy day 2 and it was adorable!!! They had a segment in the show where they educate the audience about how the pets they have in the show are all from the humane society/rescues. I like the educational component Seaworld has added to their shows since I was there last (about 13 years ago).
We had lunch at the Underwater Grill. Pricey, yes, but the food was extremely delicious and the experience was amazing. Kid's menu lists all the different types of sharks in the tank so DD could work on identifying them while waiting for her meal. I highly recommend the shrimp tempura.
We were disappointed Wild Arctic and Infinity Falls were closed day 2. The surprise delight of the trip was Sesame Street place. DD age 7 has outgrown the show, but she loved the rollercoaster and slimy the worm ride. She went on the rollercoaster 5 times in a row. The whole park was super clean!! The main street of Sesame Street was so realistic. We got family photos with Elmo and Cookie Monster (no wait) and the character interaction was awesome.
Again, a breath of fresh air from MK. Every bathroom was clean and they had a screen to evaluate its cleanliness (Disney, take note!) Staff were patient and friendly, unlike a lot of the staff I dealt with this week at Disney. Seaworld is now a must do for us!!

So excited to read this! We are doing a Disney resort-only stay later this month and doing one day at SeaWorld (I haven't been since I was little). I'm very excited about the Sesame Street area since my girls are younger (6 & 4) and we don't do big coasters. Also excited to see a show or two.

Glad you had a great time!

So excited to read this! We are doing a Disney resort-only stay later this month and doing one day at SeaWorld (I haven't been since I was little). I'm very excited about the Sesame Street area since my girls are younger (6 & 4) and we don't do big coasters. Also excited to see a show or two.

Glad you had a great time!
Just a head's up, if you want to do the Orca show and Dolphin show (Both are incredible) plus Sesame Street, I would highly recommend 2 days!

Just a head's up, if you want to do the Orca show and Dolphin show (Both are incredible) plus Sesame Street, I would highly recommend 2 days!
Good to know— we have tickets to the “dining with Orcas” lunch, so we will probably skip the actual show. Plan on watching Sea Lion High and Pets Ahoy, if we have time.

I figure if we end up loving Sea World, we can always use it as an excuse to go back to Orlando sooner rather than later.

Good to know— we have tickets to the “dining with Orcas” lunch, so we will probably skip the actual show. Plan on watching Sea Lion High and Pets Ahoy, if we have time.

I figure if we end up loving Sea World, we can always use it as an excuse to go back to Orlando sooner rather than later.
Definitely!

Just be aware that Dine is nothing like Orca Encounter (it's just a short presentation)

Seaworld is awesome! What a nice, refreshing break after a day at MK with the crazy crowds. We spent two days at Sea World. Day 1 we saw penguins, went on Atlantis twice, saw the Orca show and dolphin show (amazing, and really like the new Orca show). Also, saw manatees. Had lunch at the BBQ place, which was expensive but really good!
2nd day did the 45 minute dolphin educational tour and touch/feed dolphin experience. This was worth every penny. I think it was better than the swim with the dolphin experience at DC because you get a lot more interaction with the dolphins. The staff were knowledgeable and really gave us their time with questions. They took the large group and then divided us into smaller groups of 5 with a trainer. The whole time pictures were taken. With the package you get 1 printed picture and DD got a stuffed dolphin. The photo package at Sea World is less than half the cost of photos at Disney, and so worth it. We also saw Pets Ahoy day 2 and it was adorable!!! They had a segment in the show where they educate the audience about how the pets they have in the show are all from the humane society/rescues. I like the educational component Seaworld has added to their shows since I was there last (about 13 years ago).
We had lunch at the Underwater Grill. Pricey, yes, but the food was extremely delicious and the experience was amazing. Kid's menu lists all the different types of sharks in the tank so DD could work on identifying them while waiting for her meal. I highly recommend the shrimp tempura.
We were disappointed Wild Arctic and Infinity Falls were closed day 2. The surprise delight of the trip was Sesame Street place. DD age 7 has outgrown the show, but she loved the rollercoaster and slimy the worm ride. She went on the rollercoaster 5 times in a row. The whole park was super clean!! The main street of Sesame Street was so realistic. We got family photos with Elmo and Cookie Monster (no wait) and the character interaction was awesome.
Again, a breath of fresh air from MK. Every bathroom was clean and they had a screen to evaluate its cleanliness (Disney, take note!) Staff were patient and friendly, unlike a lot of the staff I dealt with this week at Disney. Seaworld is now a must do for us!!

I have an animal loving daughter. We recently did a dolphin swim on a cruise excursion. Would you recommend Discovery Cove for animal interactions? How recently did you go to discovery cove? I am debating about doing seaworld/busch gardens/discovery cove... so many choices

I have an animal loving daughter. We recently did a dolphin swim on a cruise excursion. Would you recommend Discovery Cove for animal interactions? How recently did you go to discovery cove? I am debating about doing seaworld/busch gardens/discovery cove... so many choices
We went to Discovery Cove for our honeymoon in 2007. I found the dolphin feeding and encounter at sea world to have a lot more engagement with the animals and it is so much cheaper!! Bring your DD to seaworld. She will love it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!