SeaWorld trip Thanksgiving day and black friday 2018

skylock

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our Thanksgiving holiday trip.

We went to seaworld Thur and Fri.

We had bought the quick que for the blue friday deal, but honestly, we really didn't need it at all on Thanksgiving day and could have skipped it on Friday also but even as cheap as I am, for some reason, I do not mind kicking in a few extra dollars at seaworld. That surprises even me.

Anyway, we had all day dining for both days and managed to hit every place over the two days. Seaport pizza was not open.

We did not hit the continental breakfast either day but did stop in to have a look. Cereal and muffins was on offer. We went to Voygers instead. My first meal cost $25. Brisket sampler. Way to much food. My only problem with the place is those cold hard buns. Everything else was delicious. That chicken was better than the brisket.

On Thanksgiving day most of the rides were 5-10 min. I have never seen wait times that low. On friday they were never more than 25. We had quick que so the rides were all walk ons for us.

My son did not want to do infinity falls (they took quick que much to my surprise) but he did ride it and loved it so much he did it several times each day.

He also loved Maco (sp?) and I always love Manta. I didn't think they would let me ride, but it was no problem. On Manta and Kracken they put an extra harness on me.

A little more on the all day dining. Food is limited to once per hour, but drinks are totally unlimited and that includes iccee and frozen coffee. That came as a surprise because I don't remember them letting you use that there before.

The only limitations we found for the places that took the all day dining was at the pretzel kitchen. You could not get nutella or the turkey leg. You could have your choice of anything else including the sauces. I got a prettzle dog with 2 cups of cheese and an icee, no problems. I hate their chips. I told them I did not want them, but I got them everytime anyway.

I understand the no plastic straws, but honestly, what is the difference in a plastic straw and a plastic spoon. Whatever, next time I will be bringing my own straw. The coffee place did give us paper straws that work pretty well. I recommend you pull them out of the drink if you will be hanging on to it a while.

The fry cone place was tasty, but I don't think I fully understood what it was at first so to clue you in a little more, they use french fries and form them into a paper cone, then add your toppings. I tried the pulled pork and the chili cheese, both were very good, but I had peppers put on the chili cheese one, and I am not sure, but I think they dumped the whole container in mine. Way too many for me and I really like them.

I don't think anyone and that includes disney (as of 4 years ago anyway) does Christmas better that SeaWorld. Absolutely magical.

Sounds like a great trip @skylock !!:thumbsup2 I love Sea World! Looking forward to going there on our December trip- and meeting the Rudolph characters!:)

He also loved Maco (sp?) and I always love Manta. I didn't think they would let me ride, but it was no problem. On Manta and Kracken they put an extra harness on me.

Thank you so much for writing up and sharing your experience.

If you are willing to explain, why were you expecting they wouldn’t let you ride and how did the extra harness assist?

Thank you so much for writing up and sharing your experience.

If you are willing to explain, why were you expecting they wouldn’t let you ride and how did the extra harness assist?

I only have one leg. So you can see why I was wondering if they would let me ride.

I think I would have felt secure with just the reg harness, but I felt really secure when they added the extra one.

So happy that you were able to ride!

We are doing a DC-SW-BG trip next spring. Since Blue Friday offers were not available for our dates, I think we will wait and see if quick que at SW is needed or not. If so, probably just add on for one day and let the kids ride the big stuff to their hearts content for one day.

So happy that you were able to ride!

We are doing a DC-SW-BG trip next spring. Since Blue Friday offers were not available for our dates, I think we will wait and see if quick que at SW is needed or not. If so, probably just add on for one day and let the kids ride the big stuff to their hearts content for one day.

That sounds like a good idea.

Interesting about the unlimited drinks. Has anyone else experienced that? Is it something new?

It's definitely not new. SeaWorld has always allowed for unlimited drinks on their all day dining. Food is once per hour, but drinks have no such restriction.

Well, you learn something new every day... All these times we have gone and I never knew that :)

What a shame you didn't know! We had a couple of August visits where I swear we drank 20 bottles of water.....each!....during the course of the day. The unlimited beverage entitlement is a huge perk of the plan.

Well thanks to @skylock I know now and will use it when we are back for New Years!

It's strange because the wording on the Dining Plan really seems clear that it's once per hour for food and drinks:
"Adults can redeem 1 entree, 1 side OR 1 dessert & 1 regular sized non-alcoholic beverage & Children (Ages 3-9) can redeem Kids meals once per hour in the park. "
I also didn't know that the Icee and Frozen coffee was included.

Seaworld has by far the most generous dining plan of the parks we have visited!

If you see something you might like, just ask if it is covered.

We asked at dipping dots if there was anything we could get. Yes, but only bottled water.

Also at the sampler booths we asked. You get a 30% discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts