Second wedding dilemma

JFox

DIS Veteran
This is a subsequent wedding for me and my fiancé. I made flower and music selections for my first wedding because they were favorites or special to me. I feel kind of weird making some of the same selections for our wedding in January. Am I overreacting?

I'm planning my 2nd wedding as well ( offsite ). I ran into some of the same issues. I opted to do it at a different time of year ( 1st was in the fall and this one is in the spring ). This allowed me to pick different color schemes, flowers, etc. I also got my fiance involved in making some of the choices which helped.

Here's a recent interview I did with a bride who had both her first and second weddings at Walt Disney World. She talks about what she kept and what she changed: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2017/08/23/wishes-wedding-spotlight-tanya-barlow/

Thank you, I'm going to listen to it right now. I never expected that I would be planning a second wedding and experiencing these kinds of feelings. When I went dress shopping I talked to my consultant about whether or not I should wear a "wedding dress" because I had already worn one. She said, "is this your first wedding to your fiance?" I said yes. She then said, "so what's the problem?".

This is a subsequent wedding for me and my fiancé. I made flower and music selections for my first wedding because they were favorites or special to me. I feel kind of weird making some of the same selections for our wedding in January. Am I overreacting?

No, I think it would make me pause, too - but I would decide that it was OK in the end. The specific answers are individual, of course. I'd probably do different flowers, just because there are so many beautiful ones, but I don't think it's weird if many of the reception songs are the same. A lot of songs are popular with the guests - so look at it as thinking of them, not your ex. :)

And of course you can wear a fancy dress! This is the first day of the rest of your life - wear something you love!

If they were special to you AND your ex I would say that is a little odd. But if they are special to YOU and have remained so then I think they should be at your wedding if you really want them there. The same first dance song or recessional, maybe not. If those are the cases then maybe you can work those in somewhere else in the ceremony or reception. That's another idea too: if you are having other festivities surrounding your wedding maybe you can work those treasured songs in there!

And I totally agree with everyone on the wedding dress. I laughed when I read what your consultant said. A little blunt, but a good point. :-)

As long as the songs do not remind you of your ex, you should choose whatever songs make you & DF happy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!