Security Check at Disneyland

mimichan

Mouseketeer
What's the security check like at Disneyland? Do you also have to go through one when entering DCA? Haven't been to Disneyland since 1999 so this is all new to me.

They inspect any backpacks or bags upon park entry. They inspected our bags via each entry (from the Grand Californian into CA, Main gate at DL, etc). I don't recall them re-inspecting when we park hopped though.

They have four areas. One at the pedestrian entrance from Harbor Blvd. and one from Downtown Disney, the third at the monorail entrance the fourth entering from GC. You do not need to be rechecked when you go from Disneyland to CA. All that they do is look in any bags that you may have. Backpacks, fanny packs, strollers, diaper bags, camera bags. We found that the GC did the most checking.

Are there any items (other than the obvious like weapons, etc.) that may get taken away because they are not allowed in the parks? Can we bring in food items for an infant for example? What about our own bottled water?

Last year the check point was just outside the promenade.Like everyone else said, they checked fannypacks and such but never pockets. I always had a pocket knife with me only b/c i did'nt want to leave it in the hotel room. Probably wont do it next time though. :cool2:

So if the Grand Californian does a more thorough security check, does it take longer to get through to the park from there? We'd been thinking we'd go through the GC to CA, but would it be faster to just go via Downtown Disney? Thanks!

I've found that the entrance at GC is MUCH faster. They did a cursory search of my backpack and in we went. Line was shorter too!

Yes you can bring in food (snacks for later) and water etc..

mimichan said:
Are there any items (other than the obvious like weapons, etc.) that may get taken away because they are not allowed in the parks? Can we bring in food items for an infant for example? What about our own bottled water?

No glass bottles/ containers. Not sure about jars of baby food- might want to do the plasitic containers to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter