Security check for Citywalk but not Disney Springs

So what's that got to do with people who have no intensions of ever going to the parks? Why not have security in front of the parks?

I very much liked the fact that ticketing and security were in different places. We went through security as we boarded the water taxis leaving our resort. It made the process of entering the parks seem so simple. Also it prevented going through security multiple times when you park hopped. I thought it was a great arrangement!

I’m darned happy people are screened to go into CityWalk even if not going to the park. Logistically, as stated, the location makes sense. I’m quite satisfied that, unlike Disney Springs, there’s a better chance of being in a weapon free environment.

If your going to do it, it makes the most sense as is.

Makes the theather a little less cumbersome than If it was crowded around the entrance gates.

Disney agrees...that's why the security is pushed out to include down town Disney at DLR and that is also why the MK security is pushed out to the monorial.

So what's that got to do with people who have no intensions of ever going to the parks? Why not have security in front of the parks?

Because you can have one security area instead of two. The way CityWalk and the park entrances are laid out, that's the only way you could have security for both parks in one spot.

Also, this allows a variety of security check-points that are not at the gates. Checkpoints are at each hotel that has boat transportation as well as at Citywalk entry points at the end of each walking path. It really is easier than having everyone congregate at the front of each park. It makes it much easier to parkhop.

I really prefer this once you are in you are done.
At Disney I had to go through security multiple times per day (twice at Epcot - once for the monorail and once for Epcot)
Going through security at every park and having to open you bag is a total PITA, but Disney is a bit to big to do it any other way.
When I do go to Disney it is usually with a 2 day park hopper and I do all 4 parks each day and end up back at whichever is open late - so I was going through security 5 or 6 times a day

I think that it’s a good thing CityWalk has security checks as an extra precaution with all of the crazy things that have been going on in Orlando. I think that Disney Springs should take the same precautions and add in a security measure to make sure everyone is safe just like they would at any other Disney park.

I know what you mean. I always feel a bit uneasy at Disney Springs...feels less secure than CityWalk. Don’t know why. Just be vigilant everywhere you go. If you see an oddbod... behaving strangely...don’t leave for someone else to say, just say to the cast members. They can have an informal chat to check all okay. Whilst talking about oddbods if you see a man and woman walking round with a kids stroller but no child just a dog inside...stay well clear. These are the strangest of people. A guy accidentally knocked the pushchair at Universal carrying some drinks to his family. It was a tiny knock and the woman was cooing towards the pushchair. The pushchair slightly knocked the woman on the cheek. She caused a scene saying “my baby my baby.” The guy said oh sorry. Then saw she had a dog inside. She then called security to attend her cheek and was acting as if she was really hurt. The poor guy had security all over him and treated as if he had just assaulted the woman. They were sympathetic to him and said, “you have to be really careful of dogs in prams...be warned you heard it here first!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter