Security checks at OKW?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
There have been lots of reports about the daily trash collection/security checks at the various resorts, but I haven't heard from anyone staying at OKW. Supposedly, they're doing this at all the resorts, but in reality are they doing it there? And if so, is housekeeping knocking early? Coming in unannounced or unwelcome? Or being more courteous?

The policy is WDW wide so OKW is included just like other resorts. They can enter any time of the day, same as other resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

The policy is WDW wide so OKW is included just like other resorts. They can enter any time of the day, same as other resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes, but no one at OKW has reported or (thankfully) complained. Just wondering why no news from OKW, yet lots of reports from other resorts.

Have you checked the recent Dvc trip reports?

That's a good idea. Can you point me to them? After "only" 18+ years on these boards, you might think I'd have known about that, but I never did. Thanks!

https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-trip-reports.188/

That’s the forum, but I do not know if your question has been answered.

In SSR, in January, I came home from Urgent Care, I had the flu. We called and asked for security to come while I was awake. They did come within the 1/2 hour.

The other days of the stay they came in the afternoon while we were at parks. We only knew because the trash was taken.

We were at OKW in early January, but checked out the day they started the checks there. We left our studio at OKW around 11AM and no one had come by yet at that time.

I was there 1/26 to 2/4 and we had the "daily trash service". We didn't leave the room until 9:00 or so each day and never had a problem with them coming before we left. We had a couple days we were in the room mid-afternoon and they came by but it was really quick.

We just returned from SSR (I know that's not the resort you're asking about) and we were able to schedule a time for them to come. I was the one initially upset with this new policy. Turns out it didn't bother me as much as it did my DH who became close personal friends w/ the resort General Manager...

We were at OKW towards the end of January (on my in-laws' DVC reservation). Housekeeping came every day to empty the trash. I'm not sure when exactly; we were always out of the room when they came. It was no big deal at all.

Thanks everyone. We have an upcoming trip to OKW and were hoping that housekeeping there was a little more "understanding"-not coming early, etc. since the complaints I've heard have been from other resorts. Sounds pretty good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter