Segway tour at EPCOT?

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
DH and I are interested in attending this. ANyone do it? How early can you make a ressie? How quick does it fill up?

My problems is it's going to be me and DH, our 2.5 yr old and a friend of ours. I wonder if they would let our friend and ds come along and wait inside. I can't leave my ds with our male friend at the hotel..he would be clueless!

The other option is another couple with their kid is coming later in our trip and we could just get up early, leave ds with them, and do the tour then. NOt sure how they would do traveling to meet us with the 2. We might just have to skip or only 1 of us draw straws to see who goes!!

I really want to do this but can't figure the logistics. Anyone have to schedule around young kids?

Could you both do it on different days? I gave it to DH as a surprise for his birthday and he got put in with a family of 9 (parents & grown children w/ SOs). Even though he was the odd man out he had a great time and said the others were a lot of fun. He was really glad he got to do it...and I think it was nice for him to get away from me, the kids and my DM for a while, LOL!

I know I was able to book it more than 90 days in advance. I had originally heard it was 90 , but then read here someone had booked for our time frame way before the 90 day mark so I tried and got it. From what I hear it fills up quick. Not sure if they are taking bookings for 2005 yet though. Last I had read here they werent, but that was a few weeks ago.
Hope it works out for you. Like I said, DH really thought it was worth doing.

I've taken the Segway tour twice. Yes, it was that good! I know that non-participants can't tag along, unfortunately. They do limit the group to 10 people age 16 or over. I hear that they have added a second tour every morning, so your odds of getting in are better.

I would call the tour line at 1-407-WDW-TOUR and discuss all of your questions before you book the tour. Be sure to inquire about any discounts that you might qualify for. There is a discount for AP holders, AAA members & if you reserve with a Disney Bank One Visa. The groups are very friendly & you'll find yourself chatting with the others pretty quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to do it alone.

Another little hint, when you arrive at the Epcot entrance, if you take the early tour, you will need to be admitted before the official opening. Look for the sign that says "Princess Storybook Breakfast". They will have the list of names for your tour there, even though it might not say "Segway Tour". I do hope they have
added that to the sign by now. There were some late participants both times that I took the tour, because they didn't know where to go to get in early.

Here's a link to read more about it.
http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm#seg

I hope you enjoy it!:wave:

My DH and I did the tour a few weeks ago and it was great! Although we are known among our friends for never getting a baby sitter at home, after much research, I hired an in-room sitter to come stay with our 3 children (2,4 and 12). We used Fairy Godmothers and specifically requested Vivian and were very pleased. The kids loved her. We wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter